Will this PSU be fine?

ajhakra

So I am planning on upgrading my CPU soon to an AMD FX 8320 and what I would like to know is that will my PSU be able to support everything?

My specs are as follows:

GPU-R9 280x

HDD- 1x500GB Seagate and 1x1TB Western Digital green

Case fans- 3x120mm and 1x140mm LED

RAM- 4 sticks of 2GB DDR3

Optical Drive-Standard optical drive

PSU- Fractal designs 650W Integra edition.

I have used a PSU calculator and that tells me that I would need around a 500W PSU for running under 90% load but I would like another opinion on if the 650W will be ok.

If you need any other specs just ask in the comments.

It should run fine as long as you get one from a decent brand I would try and get a 750w/800w just incase you want to do Xfire.

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Yep, comfortably fine

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

You have plenty of power for a 280x and 8320. You will also have no problems overclocking them to the max! ;D

//ccap

The 650W Integra is more than enough

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Yes that's just fine... But if you're planning on running Crossfire configuration you would definitely need more than 500W. Don't be like me and get a 850W for a system that only needs about 500.

It should run fine as long as you get one from a decent brand I would try and get a 750w/800w just incase you want to do Xfire.

He's asking about a CPU upgrade with a 650watt PSU which is more than enough and you recommend him to get a 750-800watt incase he wants to crossfire.

That's odd.

for crossfire also that psu is enough... :)

for crossfire also that psu is enough... :)

not for Xfire 280x's and an 8320 will pull over 700w

He's asking about a CPU upgrade with a 650watt PSU which is more than enough and you recommend him to get a 750-800watt incase he wants to crossfire.

That's odd.

Just giving him food for thought. It's also not odd its completely logical to give him information that he may find useful.

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

not for Xfire 280x's and an 8320 will pull over 700w

Just giving him food for thought. It's also not odd its completely logical to give him information that he may find useful.

source..?? benchmarks..??

source..?? benchmarks..??

Common sense

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

everything running 100% it would pull around 740W without overclocks

even at like 90% it would still be pulling just over 700w

ya that site u posted is crap...thats not how it works...but no point in arguing...

Dude i'm telling you that even just taking TDP at 100 % of 2 r9 280x's @ stock speeds along with the TDP of an FX8320 at stock speed you will be cutting it close to 700w excluding anything else that draws power. 

Dude i'm telling you that even just taking TDP at 100 % of 2 r9 280x's @ stock speeds along with the TDP of an FX8320 at stock speed you will be cutting it close to 700w excluding anything else that draws power. 

wont it be like near to 650w...??..and in gaming the 2 cards r not maxed out mostly...

wont it be like near to 650w...??..and in gaming the 2 cards r not maxed out mostly...

It comes to over 650w by a small margin, but In my opinion its better to get a PSU that can handle these cards at Max incase you ever do reach it because its better to have a little bit of excess power instead of being short on it and potentially causing instability and potentially damage to components.

It comes to over 650w by a small margin, but In my opinion its better to get a PSU that can handle these cards at Max incase you ever do reach it because its better to have a little bit of excess power instead of being short on it and potentially causing instability and potentially damage to components.

agree...in that case just go like 10-15 $ more and get the 700 or 750w... :)

Thanks everyone for the replies and your opinions are much appreciated. Also thanks for the extra information about the Xfire setup and stuff as well. Helps me to see my options if I ever want to do X fire.