Intel Haswell

mnm0710

Dissapointed in pretty much keeping on the same line of 4 cores, 8 threads 3.5ghz stock... seeing as this i think was the sandy spec aswell, seems like they havnt really changed alot at a glance... though with my core 2 quad, i thinks its safe to say that I think upgrading might be soon.

If Haswell overclocks like a monster AND temps are better than Ivy I will be interested.

~10% IPC bump and a bigger jump for the IGP... meaning it's not really worth it for most gaming users in my opinion. Great HTPC/mobile processor though.
i wonder what changes if they occur, the NuC will see with haswell

If they change the sockets I doubt very many people will upgrade. A motherboard AND a CPU is huge and expensive upgrade. Especially as there won't be much choice in motherboards.
if you dont change the socket you cant improve the chips. Socket changes have to occur to move things forward simple as that. There are always people looking to upgrade and that wont change.

Looking towards better efficiency and performance than the current ivy bridge processors! :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

• 2 weeks later...
If they change the sockets I doubt very many people will upgrade. A motherboard AND a CPU is huge and expensive upgrade. Especially as there won't be much choice in motherboards.
Some people have older PCs and need a new one ;)

Intel is going to change the socket, the new one is LGA 1150. This is necessary because the voltage regulator will be integrated into the CPU.

to know the face of Dodge is to know madness

Take a look at what I’ve been watching…

i wonder if the new haswell is worth waiting for or even buying it right now i have a 15 3570k should i just keep that for my gameing rig or but the haswell

• 4 weeks later...

This just in http://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/53097-intel-core-i7-4770k-haswell-cpu-benchmarked-priced/

Nothing new really but its better the nothing, and look they have a price tag! Oh and for those wondering about the ghz and whatnot:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i7-4770k-haswell-performance,3461.html

Accurate or not i cant answer but it looks like a tiny push compair to Ivy

Personaly im still rolling on a i7 920 at 3,8ghz :D

One thing i dont know is what is this new CPU Aimed for?

The link only talks about 1155´s cpu and nothing about 2011 wich makes me think it will replace Ivy or something and Sandy will keep rolling for awhile longer?

the 3770K was the latest of 1155 sockets and it seems that 4770K will be the top CPU of the 1150 socket.

i gues this might be a nice upgrade from those using older CPU´s then Ivy/Sandy.

Now i demand a Asus Rampage 5 Extreme for 1150!!!, but i smell a Maximus 6 In the air.....