Is it possible to use a D946GZIS motherboard BIOS in D946GZAB motherboard?

Go to solution Solved by Ken-ji,
On 2/19/2023 at 2:05 PM, Ken-ji said:

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to flash the D946GZIS BIOS to the D946GZAB motherboard with a positive outcome.

I was planning on replacing the e2160 CPU for a XEON e5440 to the GZAB and I can't manage to find a .rom file of the D946GZAB BIOS (I found only .exe).

Or maybe anyone knows where i can find the BIOS for D946GZAB in a .rom format?

Just for the sake of others searching for answers. No, this board does not support the Xeon e5440, because the board does not support quad core cpus. (At least that's what I know now)

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to flash the D946GZIS BIOS to the D946GZAB motherboard with a positive outcome.

I was planning on replacing the e2160 CPU for a XEON e5440 to the GZAB and I can't manage to find a .rom file of the D946GZAB BIOS (I found only .exe).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I wouldn't recommend it. Even though the boards may be similar they obviously must have some differences (hence they have different names) I have also seen that the motherboards are very old and the last bios update I think was in 2007. I would reccomend to check if you can convert .exe files to .rom files.

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2023 at 2:05 PM, Ken-ji said:

Hi,

Just for the sake of others searching for answers. No, this board does not support the Xeon e5440, because the board does not support quad core cpus. (At least that's what I know now)