5700xt mech oc hot and loud

AeroMagnus

Title. just bought a 5700xt second hand and its being hot (105 at j, 85c temp) just replaced thermal compound and clean installed drivers to no avail,

any ideas? it wasnt nearly as loud when i tried it before buying... kinda sad rip second hand market.

What are my options? tightening the screws even more? Windows clean install? 

Performance is adequate and stable afaik

3 minutes ago, AeroMagnus said:

any ideas? it wasnt nearly as loud when i tried it before buying... kinda sad rip second hand market

The variable which changed is your system versus the system you tested it in. Logic indicates the problem is not with the card itself. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 minutes ago, AeroMagnus said:

Title. just bought a 5700xt second hand and its being hot (105 at j, 85c temp) just replaced thermal compound and clean installed drivers to no avail,

any ideas? it wasnt nearly as loud when i tried it before buying... kinda sad rip second hand market.

What are my options? tightening the screws even more? Windows clean install? 

Performance is adequate and stable afaik

What version of the card did you get?  The 5700XT's do run quite hot.  Undervolting might be an option. And as posted above, does your case have good enough airflow compared to when you tested it before buying.

4 minutes ago, Middcore said:

The variable which changed is your system versus the system you tested it in. Logic indicates the problem is not with the card itself. 

and what can i change? im running a 2600, he was running a 12400f...

4 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

What version of the card did you get?  The 5700XT's do run quite hot.  Undervolting might be an option. And as posted above, does your case have good enough airflow compared to when you tested it before buying.

MSI MECH OC edition.. 200w and id say my case is quite similar (mATX, 2 intake one exhaust) to the one it was tested on 

Edited by AeroMagnus