i want to format my pc and boot with UEFI bootable usb help PLS

alhot11
Go to solution Solved by alhot11,
12 hours ago, bmx6454 said:

you just create a boot-able windows install usb with the media creation tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-installation-media-for-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d

when you restart to go and format, disable csm in bios, enable tpm* if you are installing win 11(if 10, i don't think it matters?). restart, pull up boot menu, and select your usb drive, it should say uefi next to the one you want to boot from.

then just install windows as normal, and you should be good to go, obviously make sure to back up your data first though.

as far as windows key, copy it down if you can, or if your ms account is linked to windows, it should activate when you sign in with the new install. your not changing any hardware, so you shouldn't have issues with the key afaik.

i will try that聽 and get back to you thanks for the response my dude聽聽馃槑

hi linus techtips Folk聽聽

I bought 6750 XT and I want to leverage its feature with smart access memory or resizable BAR聽聽

when i go to my BIOS i can't use it until i disable legacy mode and boot with M.2 with i think GPT or UEFI mode enable and can only boot with m.2聽

first question : how can I create bootable usb with UEFI GPT windows 10 drive ?

question 2 : i have a valid聽 windows key on my existing m.2 with windows MPR "legacy mode"聽 聽does the key transfer if i enable UEFI mode and format my entire m.2 with usb just to enable the SAM/Bar聽 ?聽

a lot of question mixed聽馃槄聽bear with me聽聽

i already tried changing the mode聽 mpr2GPT command line and didn't work just like linus in his challenge on using ARC GPU聽

please advises me ^___^聽

Hey there!

What is your motherboard model? Exact model will be more helpful.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

you just create a boot-able windows install usb with the media creation tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-installation-media-for-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d

when you restart to go and format, disable csm in bios, enable tpm* if you are installing win 11(if 10, i don't think it matters?). restart, pull up boot menu, and select your usb drive, it should say uefi next to the one you want to boot from.

then just install windows as normal, and you should be good to go, obviously make sure to back up your data first though.

as far as windows key, copy it down if you can, or if your ms account is linked to windows, it should activate when you sign in with the new install. your not changing any hardware, so you shouldn't have issues with the key afaik.

12 hours ago, Pikatchu said:

Hey there!

What is your motherboard model? Exact model will be more helpful.

my motherboard is asus z490聽

12 hours ago, bmx6454 said:

On 2/14/2023 at 2:05 PM, alhot11 said:

thanks it worked and windows licence didn't get removed awesome !!聽