Too cold?

ItzUknown

I just cleaned up myu computer and saw that the temperature was so low that I wanted to check if its alright.

Motherboard 16C

VRM 17C

CPU Package 21C

PCH 40c

RAM 21.0 and 20.8C

HDD 17C

M.2 26C

GPU 23.5C

Now I want to clear out that I am not complaining one bit. I have a window open and the house is pretty chilly right now. Outside my phone says its 9 degrees and inside while not that cold its a bout 12-13 degrees I would say. I am just concerned if its really cold to the point that theres condensation. I have a 12400f with a Scythe Fuma 2 and a Gaming X 3060 from MSI.

Well ambient temps are going to drive down system temperatures...simple thermodynamics. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

Well ambient temps are going to drive down system temperatures...simple thermodynamics. 

So not worrying right? Condensation starts at - degrees right?

8 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

Well if it's warm moist air that hits a surface that is colder, then it will form. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

13 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

Condensation starts when the temperature of an object is below the dew point of ambient air. The dew point changes depending on the relative humidity and temperature of the air (warm air can hold more moisture than cold air).

https://www.korff.ch/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Taupunkt-Tabelle-EN.pdf

If your room is warm but dry, don't worry about it.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Condensation drops form at the dew point as soon as you get below the dew point, which will vary based on the humidity and outside temp. My current conditions (eastern US) are 7C, 58% humidity, dew point at 2C, are while in Sydney, AUS its 23C, 85% humidity, dew point at 15C. Now we all can brag to people that we know what dew point means in the weather apps.

2 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Condensation starts when the temperature of an object is below the dew point of ambient air. The dew point changes depending on the relative humidity and temperature of the air (warm air can hold more moisture than cold air).

https://www.korff.ch/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Taupunkt-Tabelle-EN.pdf

If your room is warm but dry, don't worry about it.

Damn, beat me to it by a few seconds. I slowed myself down trying to math out examples from F to C

You are fine. It can go way lower still.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

39 minutes ago, freeagent said:

You are fine. It can go way lower still.

Alright guys, thank you so much! Its wwarmer now and also the components have had time get up to the normal temps CPU close to 30C and GPU at 34C so everything is fine!!

Condensation on a working electrical component is pretty impossible. Dew point of air will never be above drybylb temperature. And operating electrics always are warmer than room temp. 

Unless you have mist in thee air, or use some sort of heatpump, liquid nitrogen, some air expansion device or other means to cool below room temperature.

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro