Cold boot. BIOS refuse to load when D.O.C.P. is enabled

mcRYSHER

Hello, guys!

My RAM is CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory

My motherboard is ASUS Prime TRX40-pro.

My RAM shows as 2133Mhz when I do "load optimized defaults" in BIOS. Of course, I want my RAM to run on 3200Mhz. To do so, I go to BIOS and enable D.O.C.P. It forces RAM to work on 3200Mhz. 

So, everything is fine except the cold boot. BIOS refuses to load when I turn on my PC after a long night. I power off my PC and start it again and everything is fine.

However, this cold boot problem concerns me. Any advices?

P.S. I tried to update bios to the latest version as well as downgrade it to the 2020 version. No difference. Cold boot problem still persists.

3 minutes ago, mcRYSHER said:

Hello, guys!

My RAM is CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory

My motherboard is ASUS Prime 

My RAM shows as 2133Mhz when I do "load optimized defaults" in BIOS. Of course, I want my RAM to run on 3200Mhz. To do so, I go to BIOS and enable D.O.C.P. It forces RAM to work on 3200Mhz. 

So, everything is fine except the cold boot. BIOS refuses to load when I turn on my PC after a long night. I power off my PC and start it again and everything is fine.

However, this cold boot problem concerns me. Any advices?

P.S. I tried to update bios to the latest version as well as downgrade it to the 2020 version. No difference. Cold boot problem still persists.

is there maybe a fast boot option you can enable

Its been running fine for a long time? Perhaps the ram has very slightly degraded in which case after you enable to docp BEFORE you save and restart highlight the DRAM voltage and push the + key once, sometimes mildly degraded parts can work properly again with a very small voltage bump 

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

19 hours ago, Ripred said:

BEFORE you save and restart highlight the DRAM voltage and push the + key once

I tried to do it, but windows 11 refused to load. It stucked on loading screen.

Today I got this problem again. A cold start and fail to boot. Q-code shows error 94. Any ideas, guys?

Ok, so none of the methods worked out. Turning off D.O.C.P. is the only way to have a system load after cold boot. I think it is because of BIOS update. Default BIOS worked fine and I had been having my RAM overclocked for 3 years before I decided to update BIOS. Don't fix it if it is not broken.

I tried to enable D.O.C.P., but manually reduce the memory frequency. From 3200Mhz to 3000Mhz. It seems to work, although the windows takes much more time to load. It is so weird.

Guys is there any way to get my motherboard back to factory BIOS? I tried to downgrade BIOS to 2020 version but it doesn't seem to downgrade it completely. I mean, in newer versions of BIOS there is a warning when you turn on D.O.C.P. My old BIOS didn't have that warning. When I downgrade BIOS it still has this warning.