M.2 Corsair MP600 Gen.4 died after 3 years of usage

mcRYSHER

Hello everyone!

About a week ago I noticed intimidating symptoms of my PC. Random reboots with BSOD even when performing a simple task such as renaming files. The worst BSOD and reboot happened when I was playing videogame. PC rebooted and I got "unmountable boot volume" BSOD right after the BIOS.

I used a bootable USB and loaded CMD and DISKPART to check the disk condition. In my PC I have two M.2s. I noticed that they mixed their letters. I mean, disk C: became D: and vice versa. I used DISKPART to format the faulty M.2 but formatting was unsuccessful. I received "Error - Incorrect function" message from DISKPART.

I took off the faulty M.2 and plugged it into my laptop. I tried to perform a quick format using Windows 11 disk properties->tools->format. That worked for a while. I tried to copy some files to this disk and faced error message from windows and the disk became "unrecognized USB device". I used m.2 USB-enclosure, by the way.

So, another quick format and disk works again. Full format is always unsuccessful, by the way.

I did some tests and they show a perfect condition of the disk.

581181852_Screenshot2023-02-07145235.png.dff7099528f19920719901133e8889af.thumb.png.ddff9318d3da70588bacacfec1bc1aa8.png

Spoiler

Untitled-1.jpg.3dbf758d64621db1f3d7c70c6f67606d.jpg

I wonder, Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue? May be some sort of 'advanced software' of whatever? I mean, the M.2 is not completely faulty, but definitely something bad happened to it.

14 minutes ago, mcRYSHER said:

Hello everyone!

About a week ago I noticed intimidating symptoms of my PC. Random reboots with BSOD even when performing a simple task such as renaming files. The worst BSOD and reboot happened when I was playing videogame. PC rebooted and I got "unmountable boot volume" BSOD right after the BIOS.

I used a bootable USB and loaded CMD and DISKPART to check the disk condition. In my PC I have two M.2s. I noticed that they mixed their letters. I mean, disk C: became D: and vice versa. I used DISKPART to format the faulty M.2 but formatting was unsuccessful. I received "Error - Incorrect function" message from DISKPART.

I took off the faulty M.2 and plugged it into my laptop. I tried to perform a quick format using Windows 11 disk properties->tools->format. That worked for a while. I tried to copy some files to this disk and faced error message from windows and the disk became "unrecognized USB device". I used m.2 USB-enclosure, by the way.

So, another quick format and disk works again. Full format is always unsuccessful, by the way.

I did some tests and they show a perfect condition of the disk.

581181852_Screenshot2023-02-07145235.png.dff7099528f19920719901133e8889af.thumb.png.ddff9318d3da70588bacacfec1bc1aa8.png

Hide contents

Untitled-1.jpg.3dbf758d64621db1f3d7c70c6f67606d.jpg

I wonder, Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue? May be some sort of 'advanced software' of whatever? I mean, the M.2 is not completely faulty, but definitely something bad happened to it.

you could try updating the SSDs firmware, but i don't think it is gonna help much. sounds like she's dead. 😞

• 8 months later...
On 2/10/2023 at 6:13 PM, mcRYSHER said:

OK, so I tried Corsair ToolBox. Updating Firmware failed. Secure wipe failed. So, the disk is still usable for copying files, but cannot be used as a boot disk. Sad but true.

this is exactly what's happening to mine today , its after 3 years it cant handle games and dvr usage only copy paste files , lucky me i got 5 years warranty from retailer so am gonna replace it