Fractal Design's Node 804 First Video Reviews

One Who Craves Souls

HardwareCanucks, NCIX and Bill Owen uploaded video reviews for the Node 804, the next case in the Node series from Fractal Design, featuring good rad space for a mATX case. I'm very interested in this case, small yet competitive. What do you guys think?

HardwareCanucks

NCIX

Bill Owen(With a water cooled build)

More info at Fractal Design's page:

Fractal Design Node 804

It would make one hell of a NAS or home server.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

I don't know.. After looking at it a bit more, it seems they screwed up the IO. It would have been better on the window side. As it is now, you would have the window facing you, but then can't push the opposite end to the wall as it would block off the USB ports.

The HDD space could be improved a bit more too.

I don't know.. After looking at it a bit more, it seems they screwed up the IO. It would have been better on the window side. As it is now, you would have the window facing you, but then can't push the opposite end to the wall as it would block off the USB ports.

The HDD space could be improved a bit more too.

In my case it doesn't matter, because I've always used small cases centered below the TV, or elsewhere but not close to a wall. But I do get your point, and yes it would have be nice to have the IO on the windows side.

It definitely looks interesting.  Hopefully they will be releasing a white version soon.

Sexy!

Oh man, might have to downsize for the (hopefully soon to be released) white version. - It'd be funny to put 80mm thick rads on top.

I think it's comparable to the Air540, but at a very nice price and even smaller. Excellent HDD and AIO watercooling capacity, good dust filtering according to HWCanucks (a major issue I have with my Scout 2 is inadequate dust filters). I'm quite liking where cube case designs are going.

It would make one hell of a NAS or home server.

Best NAS and home server to date. 

HardwareCanucks, NCIX and Bill Owen uploaded video reviews for the Node 804, the next case in the Node series from Fractal Design, featuring good rad space for a mATX case. I'm very interested in this case, small yet competitive. What do you guys think?

HardwareCanucks

NCIX

Bill Owen(With a water cooled build)

More info at Fractal Design's page:

Fractal Design Node 804

That Bill Owen's video was interesting, that case looks really good when using a water cooling system.

Been dying for Fractal to release this for soooooooooooooo long. If only I had the desk space to get one...

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Been dying for Fractal to release this for soooooooooooooo long. If only I had the desk space to get one...

For a moment I thought who wouldn't have enough space, but you're right, it's wide foot print needs to be considered since it's wider than most full towers.

I honestly don't like this form factor: You can't really do much with the PSU part of the case: the drive trays are very poorly designed with bad cable management and poor space utilization. You can't really fit proper fans or radiators without getting rid of the drive cages (or should I say drive hangers) and that would mean considerably less drive real state and cable management options. If they had done better drive cages or even better, a horizontal design, they could have given us a lot more clearance for tall air coolers and other things. In fact I think the previous node made a lot more sense to utilize space precisely because of this.

-------

Current Rig

-------