Dumpster diving

Budget (including currency): not sure 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming

Other details : found old computer being tossed wondering what I can do with it. 

D7A40F67-D9E0-4F85-BC24-842D8ED23C7F.jpeg

6E36EEEB-BF99-4546-B0DC-7B9A80AF461A.jpeg

186DC7E7-D5A4-49FD-B166-7DBE5C92397B.jpeg

0802D957-2855-4DE6-BD6C-71747496FFAF.jpeg

1BE005A2-B1A1-4E7D-8C5B-B0DFA8E9B895.jpeg

I don't recall if that was one of the motherboards Asus unlocked for overclocking. But if you're not looking to do anything crazy with it, a smaller micro ATX case would make this a good multimedia PC for your living room

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Old quad core, decent for web browsing, watching youtube.

Could play certain games that barely require CPU, if paired with GPU (League of Legends, CS:GO) Minecraft would probably studder a little.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Do you need a nas? Replace the psu and you can make a neat lil nas.

I told you long ago, on the road, I got what they waitin' for

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

Did you check if it actually works?

What you have there is a non-overclockable 4-core, 4-thread CPU from going on 10 years ago, in an entry-level micro-ATX board and I would guess 8GB of RAM. It looks like it has a SSD so that's nice for general responsiveness but its horizons are limited to general daily web-browsing and light office work. If you have, say, a relative who just needs that type of machine so they can keep up with the family on social media or the kids can access the internet for homework, then you could donate it to them. 

A very entry-level GPU that doesn't need supplemental power from a PCIe cable like a 750 ti or 1050 ti would make it capable of playing things like Rocket League or Valorant but that is its ceiling as a gaming machine.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Do you need a nas? Replace the psu and you can make a neat lil nas.

It looks like it only has two SATA 3 ports so I'm not sure about that. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

It looks like it only has two SATA 3 ports so I'm not sure about that. 

It has 4 but it also has a pcie port so plenty options available.

5 minutes ago, podkall said:

I told you long ago, on the road, I got what they waitin' for

A reference I do not get!

Just now, jaslion said:

It has 4 but it also has a pcie port so plenty options available.

The two black ports are SATA 2. Although you're right one would PCIe their way around the problem. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

The two black ports are SATA 2. Although you're right one would PCIe their way around the problem. 

Oh right however for a hdd based nas doesn't matter anyway. A cheap used enterprise raid card is like 50$ tops anyway

24 minutes ago, jaslion said:

A reference I do not get!

you said

33 minutes ago, jaslion said:

lil nas.

there is this rapper called Lil Nas X you see...

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

18 minutes ago, podkall said:

you said

there is this rapper called Lil Nas X you see...

A

Right I did not even realize oop.

you could turn it into a gaming pc. check to make sure everything works. a cheap 512gb, an i7-4770s for 35 dollars, ad 16gb ram for 20 bucks (swappping out the old stuff),  id recommend swapping the psu (thermaltake 500 is 35 bucks) and  a gtx 1660 super on ebay for 110 dollars. would have a pretty compitent budget gaming pc for cheap