GPU Light/Spark?

L33tan
Go to solution Solved by OhYou_,

that is the light to indicate a fault in the power detection, it is there on all 40 series gpus
It is either white or red and comes on when there is an issue with the sense pins for the plug. 
Here is a reddit thread talking vaguely about it https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/yog5n8/no_white_led_on_my_rtx4090_when_using_cablemod/

i am not sure why it is coming on at power loss, maybe residual power in the motherboard due to capacitors for audio filtering. 
idk what your clicking sound is I dont have heaphones

The PC boots up normal, runs all software and gaming excellent. But right before the system completely shuts down their is a light/spark on the GPU with a clicking sound. The GPU is a 4070ti.

5 minutes ago, L33tan said:

The PC boots up normal, runs all software and gaming excellent. But right before the system completely shuts down their is a light/spark on the GPU with a clicking sound. The GPU is a 4070ti.

Check GPU power cable for now.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Like the above user suggested, check the GPU's power cable. The new connectors that were introduced with Nvidia's 40-series can be a bit harder to plug in. They can 'look' fully engaged while not being secured. According to some independent testing, and Nvidia's testing, cables that 'looked' plugged in but weren't entirely engaged was what was damaging the newly released 40 series.

Edited by AlanPorter
Slight exposition.

Likelihood of editing a post: 93%.
Refresh before responding.

Thats an arc.

Check the cable make sure its plugged plugged in as its very easy to have it a little off.

If that doesnt fix it rma this card thats a disaster waiting to happen

that is the light to indicate a fault in the power detection, it is there on all 40 series gpus
It is either white or red and comes on when there is an issue with the sense pins for the plug. 
Here is a reddit thread talking vaguely about it https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/yog5n8/no_white_led_on_my_rtx4090_when_using_cablemod/

i am not sure why it is coming on at power loss, maybe residual power in the motherboard due to capacitors for audio filtering. 

1 hour ago, OhYou_ said:

Could be this too. Just odd it moves