Decent Computer Desk

Motion

Just looking for a decent desk that's not super expensive.

Get a motorized standing desk. Even if you only stand 5% of the time, it's worth it. Even if you only sit, you can adjust it to the exact height. 

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

Highly recommend the semi diy ikea desk setup:

https://gridfiti.com/ikea-gaming-desk-setup/
basically you buy a desk/tabletop and a section of evenly tall peripheral furniture pieces to hold it up, usually two Alex drawers

There’s a variety of pieces to choose from to fit different budgets and requirements

9 minutes ago, 8tg said:

basically you buy a desk/tabletop and a section of evenly tall peripheral furniture pieces to hold it up, usually two Alex drawers

There’s a variety of pieces to choose from to fit different budgets and requirements

I hope that board has some steel beam support or something similar that just isn't visible on the pics. If it is just that 1" board, it will bend in short time. 

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

22 minutes ago, Lurking said:

I hope that board has some steel beam support or something similar that just isn't visible on the pics. If it is just that 1" board, it will bend in short time. 

You have to get the decent ones. At least the one in the article is MDF through and through.

IKEA's low end tabletops are built with particle board around the edges, and a honeycomb cardboard lattice in the middle. The top and bottom are a thin tempered hardboard (like Masonite) with a veneer on top.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Check used office furniture stores in your area. Generally they sell desks from business that have gine through refurbs and refits and just beeded to offload their old stuff quickly. This is how I buy my desks and have never spent over 200aud on an extremely high quality desk

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

6 hours ago, 8tg said:

I use something similar, except I use trestles so I have a bit more control over the desk height. Only cost me $120 CAD 6 years ago

tressel.jpeg

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy