Explain me what this is and what Dock is used for?

Pavo05
Go to solution Solved by Eigenvektor,

Docks are used for laptops. You attach your laptop to it with a single cable, and everything else (e.g. keyboard, mouse, screen, etc.) is attached to the dock. This way you can use your laptop similar to a desktop when at home and quickly unplug it from a single cable if you want to take it along.

I dont know what are docks used for, and this port I dont have clue what is it? Nothing similar on my PC.

Lenovo ThinkPad OneLink+ is model.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Docks are used for laptops. You attach your laptop to it with a single cable, and everything else (e.g. keyboard, mouse, screen, etc.) is attached to the dock. This way you can use your laptop similar to a desktop when at home and quickly unplug it from a single cable if you want to take it along.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

Oh, thanks buddy.

1 minute ago, Pavo05 said:

I dont know what are docks used for

Docking is a practice where you have a laptop set into a fixed location on the table, so you can have desktop experience while still having a portable computing device. You hook peripherals into the dock, and letting it run the bandwith around to 1 cable or a port. These were used to be very proprietary to the point where sometimes 1 lineup would have like 5 docks that arent interchangeable. Thunderbolt, and eventually USB4, introduces the more mainstream, Type-C docking that are more familiar to this day.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Just now, Gokul_P said:

It is a Proprietary Port called Onelink found in lenovo laptops. 

Okey, thank you man.