How bright and saturated do you set your monitor?

Whateverchan

I just purchased an Acer VG272 monitor, 1080p 27", upgraded from an ASUS MX279. Something has been bothering me since last week: I can't seem to find an appropriate combination of brightness and saturation setting for me. I used to have an Eluktronic laptop from 2017 to 2020. I loved how bright and colorful the screen was, as good as my Note 3 and Note 10. The ASUS wasn't as bright, so I was kind of disappointed, but still used it just fine. I also have a Dell U2414 at work, and seems to have similar quality. All I had to do was just crank up the brightness and saturation level a bit, then I was all set. But with the Acer monitor, I couldn't just do that. For some reason, the normal profile has this sort of yellow tint that annoys me. I am not sure if the other two monitors have this as well, but perhaps I couldn't tell because of the lower brightness. But I remember for sure that the Eluktronic laptop had clear white color, no yellow or blue tint whatsoever. I tried to lower the red and green bias, increased the blue bias. Seemed to work fine for a bit, then I still felt as if something wasn't right. Maybe it's the white level, the brightness, or something else. Sometimes it feels like the blue or red level is still a bit much, and I went back to messing with the RGB slider again. Tried to change the contrast level and blackness boost as well. Warm color temp setting: too red. Cool color temp: too blue, but much more comfortable. Normal: seems to be in the middle, but not sure if this is the same as the standard base setting on the other monitors. User is the one I can fiddle with. Red = 40 or 45, green = 40 or 45, blue = from 50 to 60. Just when I thought I found the right settings, a few minutes later, my eyes felt like something isn't right again...! At first, I thought the brightness was too high, so l lowered it, but seems it wasn't the real issue. It's as if my eyes and/or the monitor were playing tricks on me.

How "white" is the white color on your monitor? Real bright white? Light gray? Yellowish? I even have my two tablets (Tab A, which has perfect white, and Tab S8, which has a warmer color temp) in front of me and I tried to calibrate the monitor to looks as close to them as I could. Still doesn't feel right. I'm not even sure what the problem is, either. Maybe I'm just not used to the new screen? This monitor has so many settings I can change to my liking but I just can't find a combination that works. I don't think it's a bad monitor, either, at least the reviews can vouch for that. This isn't something I can just screenshot or take a picture with my phone. I wasn't sure how to ask this. It's impossible to tell like that.

https://wallpapercave.com/wp/wp3156398.jpg

This is a wallpaper I have. I remember that the background is crystal white on my laptop, but on the Dell and Asus, the background is more slightly brown or yellow-ish. How does it show up on yours? I've been wrestling with this everyday since last week. It's exhausting and I'm at a loss of what to do.

there is like this media mode sometimes, like a blueish haze on the white, i prefer that over the white of the panel brighter than a flashbang

Maxed out, maximum eye seer.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 hour ago, Levent said:

yeah i also like those vivid colors

1 hour ago, m37 said:

there is like this media mode sometimes, like a blueish haze on the white, i prefer that over the white of the panel brighter than a flashbang

Does having too much blue strain your eyes more?

1 hour ago, Levent said:

Max brightness and saturation? I can see how that can work for TV, but for a PC monitor that might be too much.

18 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

yeah i also like those vivid colors

Same here. Are you supposed to use the monitor's OSD or NVIDIA's software? I don't think there's a difference, though.

2 hours ago, Whateverchan said:

Does having too much blue strain your eyes more?

Max brightness and saturation? I can see how that can work for TV, but for a PC monitor that might be too much.

Same here. Are you supposed to use the monitor's OSD or NVIDIA's software? I don't think there's a difference, though.

I tend to calibrate color profiles of my monitors as close to each other as I can get them to, so saturation is different (so is brightness is actually).Reason behind my maximum brightness statement was PWM flicker, if I am on a laptop then its almost certainly maxed out due to pwm flicker.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18