Went from a 89g to 59g mouse..

Tech Reprise

Just now opened the Viper Mini sent over by Razer and have to say that its not that mini when compared with my old G102 prodigy but still weighs 30g less. 

The feel and gliding difference is mind-blowing.

Making flicks in games will now be easier 😄

PXL_20230204_113053003.jpg

• AMD Ryzen 7 5700X Stock
  • B550 Aorus Elite V2 Rev1.2
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600Mhz 32gb (8gb x4)
  • MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Kingston A2000 250gb + WD Blue 1tb HDD, Sn550 1tb + MX500 1000gb
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2510 144Hz

5 minutes ago, Techreprise said:

old G102 prodigy

man i forgot how many support structures are inside of a G102 (i have an opened shell of it on my desk) compared to RVM.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

33 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

man i forgot how many support structures are inside of a G102 (i have an opened shell of it on my desk) compared to RVM.

Yup, the DPI switch itself is a separate big chunk attached to the midframe 

• AMD Ryzen 7 5700X Stock
  • B550 Aorus Elite V2 Rev1.2
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600Mhz 32gb (8gb x4)
  • MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Kingston A2000 250gb + WD Blue 1tb HDD, Sn550 1tb + MX500 1000gb
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2510 144Hz

Lightweight mice are simply better than heavier mice for anything that require fast and accurate movement. I went from an 85 gram zowie fk2, to a 47 gram ultralight 2 to a 38 g wolves hsk. Putting shape improvments aside, the reduction in weight makes it much easier to flick its insane.

Fit of the mouse to your hand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else.

i get the idea of mass acceleration but as Fluph said comfort it simply just the most important thing, went to the Logitech light weight from the expensive G9xx because they keep failing, and i don´t like the mouse, it just does not feel great..

remember i kept going back to my G502 proteus from other brands, again because of feel, tried one of the most expensive roccat mouses and just the feel of it just made me scrap it after 1 month, also the rubberized texture was garbage.. 

But glad the weight works for you. guess it is not helping me that have big hands, or.. not big, just long fingers, so  small mice gets really uncomfortable quite fast.

23 hours ago, Fluph said:

Fit of the mouse to your hand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else.

Weight has its place, I use a gwolves Hati HTM which is the best of both worlds for me (they’re currently on sale so I bought a lifetime supply of them) 

79F4FB45-3175-46A6-B47C-AFD80209D643.thumb.jpeg.3795cdbb02fc9ec026f5ca63c343c3a5.jpeg

they’re extremely light but also very comfortable for my personal grip and hand size

But that weight is just as important to me, depends on one’s personal movement style but with a super light mouse like this I basically don’t even feel it there, it’s no impedance, and with ceramic skates it’s nearly effortless to move it

i can literally blow on it and it moves on my mousepad and that’s not any exaggeration 

that I personally enjoy a lot, it’s like the mouse isn’t even there, but my hand is supported well