New Build Project From a Budget-Conscious Burrito

Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,

I can vouch for the edup PICe wireless card, good stuff in spite of the no-name brand

25 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Her listed GPU is fine for her needs..and 70$ cheaper

Note: nothing marked as solution YET, but thanks to everyone for their suggestions and advice. Super helpful, even if I didn’t directly express such when replying to everyone!

On 2/8/2023 at 3:28 PM, Lesburrito said:

Something as simple as a cloud backup is so insanely easily accessible and straightforward there’s basically no excuse to not have a backup, not to mention Windows practically begs users to make a recovery disc/drive. It’s like getting into a car and cutting out the safety belts before driving, then being surprised at what happens in even a minor accident.

More reason not to buy seperate drive for windows 😄 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 3:58 AM, Dr0idGh0sT said:

More reason not to buy seperate drive for windows 😄 

...what? How does that have anything to do with buying a boot drive to speed up start time? Backing up files and data is just common sense, not a replacement for actual onboard memory and storage. 

After careful deliberation and going back and forth between parts stores and advice found here, I have finally come to a determination about my new set-up. Cheers to all who replied, and thanks a ton for the help!

On 2/17/2023 at 9:44 PM, Lesburrito said:

...what? How does that have anything to do with buying a boot drive to speed up start time? Backing up files and data is just common sense, not a replacement for actual onboard memory and storage. 

Smaller drives are generally slower, Small boot drive will have slower boot times compared to if you had one bigger drive. Also boot times are esentially same with slowest Gen 3 NVMe and fastest Gen 4 NVMe.