Good budget computer desk

tycel

Hey everyone, this is a bit of a weird question. But what are some good options on computer desks? I'm not looking for the expensive 1k-4k$ ones, but something more in the range of 100-450$ range.

I've been looking around and honestly, I just have to admit... I don't know what's a good one vs what's not? (cheap, vs sturdy, etc.)

I just grabbed a Bekant from Ikea and called it a day. I'd like just a bit more surface area, but it's sufficient for me.

Context is I have two 27" monitors, one keyboard, one mouse, sometimes a laptop, and a salt lamp on my desk.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Yeah, right now I'm actually daily driving a Z13 flow laptop connected to a 32" T.V.

But right now I'm building a decent desktop and I'll need more surface area because I plan on driving two 27" monitors as well.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out what's available. A Bakent looks neat, I'm actually using something from Wal-Mart but it doesn't have enough area to actually mount a monitor stand. (or anything else really. lol)

I had issues the moment i went 3440 1440p a few years back and spent weeks researching a good desk replacement. then I discovered and wall mounted arm that has two elbows and lets me move the monitor forwards backwards up down side to side whatever position i want at any time. thing is awesome and now my desk has more than enough room.

the real kicker for me is that the hydraulic arm with standard fitting for monitors up to 25kg looks good my back no longer aches I have no more issue moving the monitor to the side if I want and it cost me less than 50 bucks. 

Food for thought possibly ???

@johnno23Yeah, that sounds pretty awesome, I was looking at the desk mounted monitor setup for something like this; mostly because I want to actually use my t.v. and game at the same time.

@ToboRobotI've already got a few things wall-mounted. So that's not an issue for me either. (my t.v. for example is wall-mounted and I have a side "table" that holds my xbox and a few books.

39 minutes ago, tycel said:

@johnno23Yeah, that sounds pretty awesome, I was looking at the desk mounted monitor setup for something like this; mostly because I want to actually use my t.v. and game at the same time.

@ToboRobotI've already got a few things wall-mounted. So that's not an issue for me either. (my t.v. for example is wall-mounted and I have a side "table" that holds my xbox and a few books.

You can get metal brackets that mount to a wall for about $20 each and then get a butcher-block for a table top.

I was in the same boat and ordered a custom one 225cm x 90cm mainly how many complete desks are trash and lack depth.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

check to see if you have any used office furniture stores in your area, you can normally get high quality desks that have been pulled out of an office during a refurb for significantly cheaper than buying new. My 2 current desks were both from such a store.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒