Found a dell gtx 260 need a bit of help with this

2PC21

so i found a oem dell gtx 260 at a best buy gargabe 

i don't have a dvi connector or s video for the output so i put my bios to boot with intergrated so i could see if the card worked while being installed alongside intergrated

i tried to install the drivers it gave me a code 43 error so i tried different windows versions windows 8 10 and 11

did the same thing so is the error because of it not being connected dirctly to the monitor or do you think the card is just a lost cause

it showed up in device manager for a bit until i restarted after the driver installtion failed it would try to install for a little bit then fail

i also tried older versions from 2010 to when it was last updated and also tried driver easy

with no luck, the card does spin up and turn on 

gpu-z said the card was there but no driver and it was missing a few specs from the gpu-z tab 

but when i restarted 

device manager said it was microsoft basic display adapter 

and gpu-z deiced to read my intergrated

35 minutes ago, 2PC21 said:

so i found a oem dell gtx 260 at a best buy gargabe 

i don't have a dvi connector or s video for the output so i put my bios to boot with intergrated so i could see if the card worked while being installed alongside intergrated

i tried to install the drivers it gave me a code 43 error so i tried different windows versions windows 8 10 and 11

did the same thing so is the error because of it not being connected dirctly to the monitor or do you think the card is just a lost cause

it showed up in device manager for a bit until i restarted after the driver installtion failed it would try to install for a little bit then fail

i also tried older versions from 2010 to when it was last updated and also tried driver easy

with no luck, the card does spin up and turn on 

gpu-z said the card was there but no driver and it was missing a few specs from the gpu-z tab 

but when i restarted 

device manager said it was microsoft basic display adapter 

and gpu-z deiced to read my intergrated

If you are using integrated graphics it probably doesn't know what it is.  Did you install geforce drivers?  Without DVI or s-video you'll never really know, but frankly that thing is so weak it's not worth using over integrated graphics anyway, depending on what CPU you have.  I would not spend any money on using it.  Someone on craigslist or eBay might have a use for it (scrapyard zen 1 workstation) take it from your for $10 or for free if you just wanna see it used.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

2 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

If you are using integrated graphics it probably doesn't know what it is.  Did you install geforce drivers?  Without DVI or s-video you'll never really know, but frankly that thing is so weak it's not worth using over integrated graphics anyway, depending on what CPU you have.  I would not spend any money on using it.  Someone on craigslist or eBay might have a use for it (scrapyard zen 1 workstation) take it from your for $110 or for free if you just wanna see it used.

i getting an i9 11900k but have a10400 right now 

im just wanting to see if it works purely for having an extra gpu

1 minute ago, 2PC21 said:

Oh sure, well, if you don't have anything that uses DVI or S-video, it doesn't work, as you need to use the output on it to use it.  So it's non-functional to you because none of your displays or cables are compatible with it.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

GTX 260 is OLD. 15 years old basically. Your integrated graphics are likely significantly faster.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

1 hour ago, 2PC21 said:

Mind if I ask why? A GTX 260 is ancient at this point, and your integrated graphics are more useful. The GTX 260 is just going to draw extra power. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)