Please Help with this Issue!

Froggy 101

Please don’t mind the noise of my fish   tank but when I turn on my pc about 10 seconds after boot the fans turn on. I have an msi 3060 and it’s brand new. The rest of the pc is fine but can anyone give a suggestion? I’ve taken it out and waited till it cooled and then it still did the same thing. When I start gaming they do not turn back on.

I turn on my pc about 10 seconds after boot the fans turn off for my gpu. I have an msi 3060 and it’s brand new. The rest of the pc is fine but can anyone give a suggestion? I’ve taken it out and waited till it cooled and then it still did the same thing. When I start gaming they do not turn back on. I can go into the bios, and they work. When my pc gets on the login screen where I enter my password it just shuts the fans down. I play games like fortnite, i do not overclock but it would be great if i knew that my gpu wouldn't get fried.

-= Topics Merged =-

Welcome to the forum, please be mindful not to repost topics. Once is enough, Thank you.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

25 minutes ago, Froggy 101 said:

I turn on my pc about 10 seconds after boot the fans turn off for my gpu. I have an msi 3060 and it’s brand new. The rest of the pc is fine but can anyone give a suggestion? I’ve taken it out and waited till it cooled and then it still did the same thing. When I start gaming they do not turn back on. I can go into the bios, and they work. When my pc gets on the login screen where I enter my password it just shuts the fans down. I play games like fortnite, i do not overclock but it would be great if i knew that my gpu wouldn't get fried.

Most brand new graphics cards have a zero RPM feature where the fans don't turn on until about 60oC and shut off slightly lower than this. Which model MSI RTX 3060 do you have? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 hour ago, Froggy 101 said:

Your GPU will not get fried.  It is meant to run at up to 93C normally, with hotspots allowable up to 110C.  The system will slow itself down if it gets too hot, and it will shut itself off well before it gets to a temp that would damage any components.  It probably means that when you are gaming, for whatever reason, your GPU just isn't running full speed.  It probably doesn't need to if you are only playing less intense games or have a 60Hz monitor with the framerate locked to 60fps (which is the right thing to do).  If you notice that during more intense games or if you uncap the framerate (turning vsync off) they start to spin up, then you're good.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.