Powering off PC while in Windows Setup screen

jjcz5

I’m in the Windows Setup screen but realized I forgot something and want to power off my PC. Is there a safe way of doing that without just pressing the power button?

15 minutes ago, jjcz5 said:

I’m in the Windows Setup screen but realized I forgot something and want to power off my PC. Is there a safe way of doing that without just pressing the power button?

At what stage through setup are you?

Essentially the answer is usually yes, and, given you're at Windows setup, if it goes wrong, all you need to do is reinstall Windows again. You won't have lost a lot of time.

7 minutes ago, whispous said:

At what stage through setup are you?

I’m still in the “1 Collecting information” stage. Specifically where you select the storage device you want to install Windows on.

More specifically I want to unplug my Hard Drive so I can make sure I’m installing Windows on my SSD.

2 minutes ago, jjcz5 said:

I’m still in the “1 Collecting information” stage. Specifically where you select the storage device you want to install Windows on.

More specifically I want to unplug my Hard Drive so I can make sure I’m installing Windows on my SSD.

Oh, it's not even started installing, don't worry. Power that sucker off.

23 minutes ago, whispous said:

Oh, it's not even started installing, don't worry. Power that sucker off.

Ok well I just tried to turn off my PC by pressing and holding the power button and trying a shutoff command using Command Prompt but it’s not turning off. I guess I’ll have to hope I pick the correct storage device?

1 minute ago, jjcz5 said:

Ok well I just tried to turn off my PC by pressing and holding the power button and trying a shutoff command using Command Prompt but it’s not turning off. I guess I’ll have to hope I pick the correct storage device?

Errr... your desktop computer should definitely turn off upon holding the power button in for over 5 sseconds.

1 hour ago, whispous said:

Errr... your desktop computer should definitely turn off upon holding the power button in for over 5 sseconds.

Ok I just tried holding the button down again, and two seconds was enough, it turned off... ok then. Thanks for your help!