How to secure your data?

keavlar

Hey there.  

I am looking for a long time, the best way to secure a files that I have, and have them with me on the go. 
Something like a hard drive or a flash drive. 
There is a software that comes with Sandisk, but it is good only for a small sized files. 
If I wanna store and secure something like a private video, it would take hours to move it there, and a long time to watch it. For example. 

There is also something like this, which is kind of expensive , and I do not see how exactly it will keep my files secured. 

So please, I would love to hear some advices. 

image.thumb.png.2296c4715911b5130d8fcb2e6a80182a.png

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

Storage - Samsung 970 EvoPlus 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB + 6TB HDD,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Sound - Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Sound Speaker System

1 minute ago, keavlar said:

Hey there.  

I am looking for a long time, the best way to secure a files that I have, and have them with me on the go. 
Something like a hard drive or a flash drive. 
There is a software that comes with Sandisk, but it is good only for a small sized files. 
If I wanna store and secure something like a private video, it would take hours to move it there, and a long time to watch it. For example. 

There is also something like this, which is kind of expensive , and I do not see how exactly it will keep my files secured. 

So please, I would love to hear some advices. 

image.thumb.png.2296c4715911b5130d8fcb2e6a80182a.png

Hmm… It looks okay, buuuut… If I were you I would consider using a Samsung drive; I use a T7 Touch and it secures it very fast.

PS. Protegent: I lost all my DEETA!

Sorry I had to

2 minutes ago, Space646 said:

Hmm… It looks okay, buuuut… If I were you I would consider using a Samsung drive; I use a T7 Touch and it secures it very fast.

Sorry I had to

Is it tested to be secured from been hacked? 
I am sure, good hacker will be able to open it, so I am talking about the mid lvl hackers.

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

I've been looking into Google Pixel with GrapheneOS which seems exceptionally secure at the moment. I haven't dived into it fully and I'm still looking at more info but so far I really like it. It's worth to check at least the first 10 min of this interview to get the idea of why it's so secure but I have to say it's worth to check it all if you find the first 10min interesting.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

I've been looking into Google Pixel with GrapheneOS which seems exceptionally secure at the moment. I haven't dived into it fully and I'm still looking at more info but so far I really like it. It's worth to check at least the first 10 min of this interview to get the idea of why it's so secure but I have to say it's worth to check it all if you find the first 10min interesting.

K thx Ill watch it 

7 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Is it tested to be secured from been hacked? 
I am sure, good hacker will be able to open it, so I am talking about the mid lvl hackers.

Why not just use any old thumb drive, and use Veracrypt. There is a portable version? It also is cross platform, so it works in Windows, Linux, and Mac. You could just create an encrypted file container, and leave the portable Veracrypt program on the drive.   With a secure password, a hidden volume, heck use a key file if you want,  you should be fine.

Veracrypt was forked from Truecrypt.

Truecrypt was audited.

Veracrypt has been audited.

37 minutes ago, Space646 said:

Sorry I had to

By the way. cause you mentioned the Samsung device, I also so someone saying that the Istorage is much better, so what do you think?