Reoccurring Critical error: Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category: (63)

cjparra

Hello, I’ve been dealing with this Critical error for quite some time now.  The issue only happens when I’m gaming and at completely random times.  Sometimes I’ll go weeks without getting any, and sometimes I’ll get four in one day like I did the other day, which finally prompted me to create this post.  The error sends me straight to a BSOD and reads WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR but other than that I’ve had a hard time diagnosing the problem because a minidump file is not being made upon each crash even though I have taken all the proper procedures to make sure one is created.  Other than that it feels like I’ve tried everything.  I upgraded my power supply from a 650w-750w PSU,  I made sure my temps were staying at healthy levels while gaming,  I checked for any corrupt system files, I made sure my bios was up to date, and I ran the memory diagnostic and found nothing wrong. I even tried to recreate the problem by using Cinebench and Heaven benchmark but had no luck with either of them.  I’m pretty much at my wit's end trying to solve this problem as I’ve had it for over a year now and am close to just rebuilding my PC from the ground up.  Please help! Below I’ve listed my system specs as well as the log in event viewer in case anyone is curious.

System specs: 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 

EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA 

ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)

16GB ram

2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD

Corsair RM Series™ RM750 — 750 Watt 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX PSU

NZXT Z73 AIO

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date:          1/28/2023 12:21:53 PM

Event ID:      41

Task Category: (63)

Level:         Critical

Keywords:      (70368744177664),(2)

User:          SYSTEM

Computer:      DESKTOP-GDGLG5L

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>8</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-01-28T19:21:53.5744658Z" />

<EventRecordID>164231</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-GDGLG5L</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">292</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x10</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">true</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>

<Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I'd probably tear down the build, pull the CPU and card and take a good look at everything.

You don't happen to live somewhere with a shakey grid? That could also explain it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

56 minutes ago, cjparra said:

and I ran the memory diagnostic

If you used MemTest, that's great, if you used anything else, then use MemTest, it's the only way to be certain if your RAM is good or bad.

When did this issue start? Are you running XMP/DOCP? 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

If you used MemTest, that's great, if you used anything else, then use MemTest, it's the only way to be certain if your RAM is good or bad.

When did this issue start? Are you running XMP/DOCP? 

I only used the Windows tool but I think I'm going to try Memtest.  This issue has been going on for over a year now,  When it first started my pc would completely crash without even showing me a BSOD.  Then I upgraded my PSU, which solved the problem for about a month or two but the problem returned but this time around it always shows me the BSOD.  I'm not running XMP as far as I'm aware. I do not mess with any overclocking stuff except for my Graphics card which I'm pretty sure came OC out of the box.

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I'd probably tear down the build, pull the CPU and card and take a good look at everything.

You don't happen to live somewhere with a shakey grid? That could also explain it

Ya at this point its looking like I'm going to have to do that.  I don't think I live somewhere with a shakey grid, I have multiple friends that live close by that I play with that have never had this issue.