Laptop won’t output sound via HDMI

Kanna

Hello, I’m using a Laptop of the model lenovo ideapad gaming 3, and I’m hooking it up to my TV using a regular HDMI cable, tried multiple. But audio just simply won’t show up in audio devices and I don’t see why it doesn’t as all drivers are up to date, but that’s as far as I get whem it comes to simpler googling and troubleshooting. Help much thankful

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

HDMI is connected to Nvidia or Intel GPU? 

Did you accidentally disabled it? Try tick both of these.

image.png.dfa76d2bc0f391ad006adce86b6cd6ba.png

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Hello, I’m using a Laptop of the model lenovo ideapad gaming 3, and I’m hooking it up to my TV using a regular HDMI cable, tried multiple. But audio just simply won’t show up in audio devices and I don’t see why it doesn’t as all drivers are up to date, but that’s as far as I get whem it comes to simpler googling and troubleshooting. Help much thankful

check in device manager for hidden devices and see what the error code is.

Main PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | RAM:Corsair LPX 3200 mhz (16Gb) 

Mobo:ASUS Strix B550-F Wifi | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Monitor: iiyama G-Master G2470HSU-B1 165Hz

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | RAM: Team group 16 GB 2666 mhz

GPU: RTX 2060 (MXM swappable)

Monitor: 1080p 120Hz

Storage: 2x 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (no raid)

Second Laptop

CPU: Intel Core I5 1235u,  RAM: Samsung 8 GB 3200 mhz

GPU: IrisXe 80 eu

Storage: 512 GB WD Digital SN530 NVMe

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

Just now, xAcid9 said:

HDMI is connected to Nvidia or Intel GPU? 

Did you accidentally disabled it? Try tick both of these.

image.png.dfa76d2bc0f391ad006adce86b6cd6ba.png

The HDMI is connected to the only HDMi port on the laptop, which would probably be the intel GPU since I’m at low load. Also that menu I mentioned in the post it doesn’t show up, at all. But I might have been a bit vague 

1 minute ago, Wolly9102 said:

check in device manager for hidden devices and see what the error code is.

I have been in device manager to look for hidden devices, But I’m unsure how I would see what the error code is, idk what device it would be either tbh. Realtek high definition?

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

idk what device it would be either tbh. Realtek high definition?

That would be Intel high definition audio or nvidia high definition audio depending on which GPU your HDMI port is wired up to.

Main PC:

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Main Laptop

Second Laptop

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

12 minutes ago, Wolly9102 said:

That would be Intel high definition audio or nvidia high definition audio depending on which GPU your HDMI port is wired up to.

I don’t seem to find any of those, only these which show no error

image.jpg

Reminder⚠️

31 minutes ago, Kanna said:

The HDMI is connected to the only HDMi port on the laptop, which would probably be the intel GPU since I’m at low load. Also that menu I mentioned in the post it doesn’t show up, at all. But I might have been a bit vague 

Try open from control panel or press Win+R and run this control mmsys.cpl sounds

What window btw?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Try open from control panel or press Win+R and run this control mmsys.cpl sounds

What window btw?

Still same results as already stated, Windows 10, latest updates that I can get with my device that is organization controlled

Reminder⚠️

47 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I don’t seem to find any of those, only these which show no error

Intel high definition audio is greyed out which means it's installed but the system is not detecting the driver. Does it show it's working Ok under ''events''.

Main PC:

Main Laptop

Second Laptop

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

11 minutes ago, Wolly9102 said:

Intel high definition audio is greyed out which means it's installed but the system is not detecting the driver. Does it show it's working Ok under ''events''.

It says it was started like many hours ago today, and then configured, nothing about status, there is on the general tab tho saying that the hardware device is not connected to the computer

Reminder⚠️

18 minutes ago, Kanna said:

It says it was started like many hours ago today, and then configured, nothing about status, there is on the general tab tho saying that the hardware device is not connected to the computer

Connect your monitor to the HDMI port and see if it changes to connected. Then you need to potentially manually change your output device in the soundmenu.

If that doens't work reinstall your Intel GPU drivers from intel's website.

image.png.e74660b99c89ce4de34158f7d6270934.png

Main PC:

Main Laptop

Second Laptop

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

1 hour ago, Kanna said:

Still same results as already stated, Windows 10, latest updates that I can get with my device that is organization controlled

I'm not sure now, I can see Intel SST there so that mean it available. Try disable Realtek in device manager and hopefully it will change to Intel SST. 

Or completely remove Intel SST driver so it will revert back to the default HD Audio Device. 

41 minutes ago, Wolly9102 said:

Connect your monitor to the HDMI port and see if it changes to connected. Then you need to potentially manually change your output device in the soundmenu.

If that doens't work reinstall your Intel GPU drivers from intel's website.

image.png.e74660b99c89ce4de34158f7d6270934.png

I want to share the fact I should have started with, it’s been hooked up all the time already 😅

34 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

I'm not sure now, I can see Intel SST there so that mean it available. Try disable Realtek in device manager and hopefully it will change to Intel SST. 

Or completely remove Intel SST driver so it will revert back to the default HD Audio Device. 

Unfortunately removing intel SST for digital mocrophones didn’t help this case, maybe I should contact the administrator of the organization and they can check?

Reminder⚠️

43 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Unfortunately removing intel SST for digital mocrophones didn’t help this case, maybe I should contact the administrator of the organization and they can check?

Yea.. don't do his/her job for free. 😛