External monitor doesn't detect the input from laptop, laptop sees the monitor properly

Bombama
Go to solution Solved by Bombama,

Conclusion: HDMI port doesn't work in Asus Zephyrus G14 with 5th generation Ryzen.

All you can do is to use USB-C to connect external monitor. Can't use HDMI at all.

Using Asus G14 R7-5800HS, RTX3050.

Trying 3 different monitors after first one of them didn't work. 2 different cables. All behave in the same way.

Monitor says "no input detected" no matter what you do and which input select on the monitor.

Laptop sees the monitor, correct resolution, correct freq, correct model name.

Tried to update AMD Graphics drivers, didn't change anything. AMD "Adrenalyne" bullshit just made notification that I connected Freesync monitor and it enabled some freesync thing fro me but rn I'm testing on an old Philips 190V which is not a FreeSync monitor.

How can I fix this thing?

Found this video and apparently the HDMI port on Asus Zephyrus G14 just does not work. It isn't software issue, it is hardware problem in Asus G14.

I tried USB-C to HDMI adapter and it works. Unfortunately, it occupies the port for me. Would be nice if HDMI worked in my laptop.

Conclusion: HDMI port doesn't work in Asus Zephyrus G14 with 5th generation Ryzen.

All you can do is to use USB-C to connect external monitor. Can't use HDMI at all.