Is my GPU dying?

Shamba

Been having this issue where for 2-3 frames this will happen. I recently fresh installed Windows and had no issues prior, I also don't have any problems In-game and haven't noticed any artifacts while playing games and stress testing, curiously only observed It while watching Videos on YouTube. Tried re-installing drivers, gonna try DDU next, but any idea what this is?

SYSTEM:
GPU : NVIDIA RTX 3060Ti FE
CPU : Intel i5 - 11400F
Cooler : 34 eSports Duo
RAM : Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 3200 MHz, CL16
MB : Gigabyte B560M AORUS ELITE
M.2 : Samsung 970 EVO 500gb
SSD : Crucial MX500 2TB
PSU : Corsair TXM Gold 650W

Capture.jpeg

My knee-jerk response without even looking at the body copy is “yes” because all video cards are made of matter and the laws of thermodynamics exist.  This isn’t very useful though. 

looking at the example though the answer is also “yes” though.  That is artifacting and artifacting generall is both hardware and not easily fixable.  @Robchil has the way of it I think.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Would VRAM death not show In games like Apex which are very GPU demanding and VRAM intensive though? because I've not noticed anything thus far, It's only on YouTube that I've seen this and more specifically only artifacts inside the browser window and doesn't happen anywhere else except that window? Very strange, never seen anything like this 

1 hour ago, Shamba said:

Would VRAM death not show In games like Apex which are very GPU demanding and VRAM intensive though? because I've not noticed anything thus far, It's only on YouTube that I've seen this and more specifically only artifacts inside the browser window and doesn't happen anywhere else except that window? Very strange, never seen anything like this 

you could always use DDU and reinstall drivers.. and try a different browser and see if it persist there. 

2 hours ago, Shamba said:

Depends.  YouTube gets used by a lot of people.  If there were something like 20,000 of these it might be software.   That it’s once in a blue moon doesn’t imply that.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Robchil said:

you could always use DDU and reinstall drivers.. and try a different browser and see if it persist there. 

Or even run a liveCD or something and do a wine wrapper or an actual Linux version.  It’s YouTube so there are lots of options.   A liveCD takes everything out of the equation but the hardware.  It’s whichever is lower effort really.

Yep, looks like VRAM issues. Get that card replace, or if you are more adventurous, replace the VRAM chips (requires surface mount desoldering and soldering set, as well as new VRAM chips).

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

4 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

Yep, looks like VRAM issues. Get that card replace, or if you are more adventurous, replace the VRAM chips (requires surface mount desoldering and soldering set, as well as new VRAM chips).

yeah... and a few years experience... lucky his card is a 3060.. probably within warranty so manufacturer would need that stuff 😄