This is my new and improved parts list. Any recommendations to make it better without getting over the 1700 dollar mark? Edit: I can go above 1700.

AmarJC2008

250GB is small, even for a system drive.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Power Supply is overkill for your build - although given the increasing usage on cards and CPUs, 1000W might be a better choice while saving a few bucks.

Also agree with brob on 250gb for a system drive is a bit small. I'd rather opt for a larger system drive and either a large SSD or mechanical HDD for backup storage of documents, pictures, videos, etc. that won't benefit from the fast NVME speeds as much. That's all personal preference though. I run 2TB minimum for my new system drives and that seems to take care of everything I need and then have a large internal 8TB backup drive for other stuff.

Here is what I have adjusted:

• Lower spec PSU 
  • Downgrade to 16GB of memory 
  • Consolidate storage to a single higher capacity drive (you can always add bulk mechanical storage in future if needed)
  • lower spec cooler

part list with my changes: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rkKR3y

with the saved money you can now afford to get an RTX 3070Ti which will give you a huge appreciable performance upgrade in games.

Just now, AmarJC2008 said:

Budget (including currency): 1700 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: COD,FPS,Story, open world.

Parts Listhttps://pcpartpicker.com/user/AmarJC2008w/saved/#view=JwP6Bm

850W PSU

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

6 hours ago, AmarJC2008 said:

Budget (including currency): 1700 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: COD,FPS,Story, open world.

Parts Listhttps://pcpartpicker.com/user/AmarJC2008w/saved/#view=JwP6Bm

The CPU cooler looks quite expensive, you can save a little bit here. I am happy with the Dark Rock 4 Pro.

Do you really need this high-end RAM? 5200Mhz Corsair Vengance or anything else probably doesn't make much difference.

One 2TB samsung 970 will make you happier than the small overpriced samsung 980 or 990. No need for gaming.

PSU is purchased? Otherwise 750W would be fine, too.

Pushed the GPU to a cheap 3070 instead of a 3060Ti. (consider 6750XT or 6800 also...)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KR8wQ6

18 hours ago, fehllyy said:

Here is what I have adjusted:

• Lower spec PSU 
  • Downgrade to 16GB of memory 
  • Consolidate storage to a single higher capacity drive (you can always add bulk mechanical storage in future if needed)
  • lower spec cooler

part list with my changes: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rkKR3y

with the saved money you can now afford to get an RTX 3070Ti which will give you a huge appreciable performance upgrade in games.

I’ve already bought the PSU quite a while ago so I’ve saved up a bit more by now. And the 32 gigs would help for video streaming. I will take the storage into account but I would like a separate drive for my windows.

12 hours ago, jan_flying said:

The CPU cooler looks quite expensive, you can save a little bit here. I am happy with the Dark Rock 4 Pro.

Do you really need this high-end RAM? 5200Mhz Corsair Vengance or anything else probably doesn't make much difference.

One 2TB samsung 970 will make you happier than the small overpriced samsung 980 or 990. No need for gaming.

PSU is purchased? Otherwise 750W would be fine, too.

Pushed the GPU to a cheap 3070 instead of a 3060Ti. (consider 6750XT or 6800 also...)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KR8wQ6

What I’ve seen is that 6000 mhz RAM works best with Ryzen 7000 and the 32 gigs will probably help because of other workloads such as streaming.  the ssd change I will take into account.

18 hours ago, FI Fheonix said:

850W PSU

I have already bought the psu.

5 minutes ago, AmarJC2008 said:

I’ve already bought the PSU quite a while ago so I’ve saved up a bit more by now.

18 hours ago, FrozenIpaq said:

Power Supply is overkill for your build - although given the increasing usage on cards and CPUs, 1000W might be a better choice while saving a few bucks.

Also agree with brob on 250gb for a system drive is a bit small. I'd rather opt for a larger system drive and either a large SSD or mechanical HDD for backup storage of documents, pictures, videos, etc. that won't benefit from the fast NVME speeds as much. That's all personal preference though. I run 2TB minimum for my new system drives and that seems to take care of everything I need and then have a large internal 8TB backup drive for other stuff.

So I should probably “upgrade” my system drive to a higher capacity gen 3 drive and just use the extra money to buy a slower but higher capacity gen 4 drive such as the mp600 or the 980 pro with the heatsink?

On 1/25/2023 at 4:34 PM, AmarJC2008 said:

I would go so far as to say you can go to this as your main drive (I find that after a few years I fill up my drives quickly with games - so the more storage I have on the main drive, the better - it's a single point of failure though but the ease of use outweighs that for me): Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (SB-RKT4P-2TB) - PCPartPicker 

And then if you want additional storage, Western Digital Blue 2 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive (WD20EZBX) - PCPartPicker   

I've been running a Rocket 4 Plus now since it came out - extremely happy with the price and performance of it. I would still recommend 4.0 though for new builds so no need to step down to 3.0 for the main storage drive.

I'm also a fan of using OneDrive for my documents and picture storage but I also pay for extra storage - this way I'm not worrying about picture backup or document backup as much. If I have a drive fail (never have had one fail), at least my important documents are in the cloud and accessible on other computers. 

On 1/27/2023 at 7:15 AM, FrozenIpaq said:

I would go so far as to say you can go to this as your main drive (I find that after a few years I fill up my drives quickly with games - so the more storage I have on the main drive, the better - it's a single point of failure though but the ease of use outweighs that for me): Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (SB-RKT4P-2TB) - PCPartPicker 

And then if you want additional storage, Western Digital Blue 2 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive (WD20EZBX) - PCPartPicker   

I've been running a Rocket 4 Plus now since it came out - extremely happy with the price and performance of it. I would still recommend 4.0 though for new builds so no need to step down to 3.0 for the main storage drive.

I'm also a fan of using OneDrive for my documents and picture storage but I also pay for extra storage - this way I'm not worrying about picture backup or document backup as much. If I have a drive fail (never have had one fail), at least my important documents are in the cloud and accessible on other computers. 

So I just made my boot drive into an MP600 and my main drive into a 2tb 980 pro.