Help finding a lens

MrP

Here's the situation.

I'm doing a review on multiple camera brands.

I have a 50mm f 1.4 lens for full frame Sony,Nikon,canon cameras But now I need one for a Fuji gfx 100s medium format to match the focal length and aperture of the full frame.

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, MrP said:

Here's the situation.

I have a 50mm f 1.4 lens for full frame Sony,Nikon,canon cameras But now I need one for a Fuji gfx 100s medium format to match the focal length and aperture of the full frame.

Any suggestions?

Look at formats focal length varies by image size. My memory is the equivelant for medium format (which was lots bigger than 35mm) was like 70mm.  There were cameras that shot so small they were half 110mm film (which was ironically much SMALLER than 35mm film because it was measured differently) I cant remambrber what the 50mm equivelant was 18mm? Anyway, it’s going to vary a lot. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

8 hours ago, MrP said:

Here's the situation.

Any suggestions?

The sensor is 44x33mm roughly. So about 65mm would be the equivalent though I hate that kind of comparison. Look at the angle of view of the lens. Match that. As for aperture comparison, that is more difficult. Do you want to match the light gathering ability or the amount of blur?

3 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

The sensor is 44x33mm roughly. So about 65mm would be the equivalent though I hate that kind of comparison. Look at the angle of view of the lens. Match that. As for aperture comparison, that is more difficult. Do you want to match the light gathering ability or the amount of blur?

The blur

32 minutes ago, MrP said:

The blur

As in depth of field?!

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.