Soundbar interfering with wifi

TheLynxDr

I have a LG C1 OLED and a LG sound bar with a wireless subwoofer and now I have been running into a horrible problem with wifi interference and I desperately need help with this one.

I love both the TV and the sound bar and I also have my computer attached to them. I only use eARC with the sound bar, I do not need wifi or BT modes on it. 

Apparently because the sound bar has a wireless subwoofer, it interferences with the 5Ghz band on my wifi. It is so bad I cannot even watch 1080p video.

Speedtest gives speeds around 1-5Mbps. but when I disconnect the soundbar from power, the speeds are back to normal, around 250-300Mbps.

I am using my iPhone 12 Pro as a hotspot for all internet connections, since the only way to get high speed internet is 5G here at the moment.

It's either that or a ridiculously expensive and a lot slower ADSL connection.

I am able to use 2,4Ghz band to watch HD video with the LG, but I am not able to get high speed internet to my desktop PC.

Is there any possible way to get both? I want to be able to use my sound bar and have high speed internet at the same time. Also I really don't want to keep manually switching to 2,4Ghz band every time I want to use my sound bar. Thank you beforehand!

Are you using your phone as a hotspot by itself or do you have it usb tethered to a router? If you have a router capable of using a tethered usb connection as a WAN connection, then you can use that router to change which 5Ghz channel you are broadcasting your WiFi on which might get you in a range that doesn't have overlap/interference. This option would also allow you to hardwire devices directly to the router which would then be free of wireless interference. This is the first thing that comes to mind for me as you're not going to be able to switch whatever channel your wireless subwoofer is using if I had to guess.

I am using it by itself since wired connections have become more and more rare here where I live. It's all about 4G and 5G..

I would very much prefer not have to buy a router just for this one issue, but I certainly didn't think of that at all

The problem with that is that my phone has to be near a window to get that good 5G connection (old log house), and the TV/PC is in the complete opposite side of the room so I wouldn't be able to use wired connection from that router anyway. 

Thank you for the suggestion.