can you install a I/o shield after you've installed a full system?

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

not without damage on some part of mobo, case or i/o shield

sorry

Can you?

I bought this second hand mobo for a client and was wondering coz then I will bother buying it off ebay.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

sorry

Can you?

I bought this second hand mobo for a client and was wondering coz then I will bother buying it off ebay.

u will be forcing it on the i/o interface at the back of mobo and also putting scratches on the case...

Just unscrew the motherboard and move it a bit to the side, put in the IO shield and screw the motherboard back in.

Just unscrew the motherboard and move it a bit to the side, put in the IO shield and screw the motherboard back in.

This^ Haha its not hard!

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

This^ Haha its not hard!

u will be forcing it on the i/o interface at the back of mobo and also putting scratches on the case...

sorry

No, not really. You may be able to but you would be really forcing it in there

The one off of ebay gunna take like 3-4 weeks to get here. The clients taking wed. Lol hes not guna notcie and its not guna make a difference. Ill let him know and if he wants ill come install at his house but he should be okay without it. Cheers guys for the quick replies. 

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Can you push a steel bar through a train without damaging either? If so then yes, otherwise it's not really recommended

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop