Thermal Pad sizes for INNO3D 3060 Ti TWIN X2

Benjji

Hey brah,

Just picked up a used GPU and was monitoring the temps and I was seeing the hotspot temps go up to 100c. 

I've been looking online for thermal pad sizes but have only found other brands such as Colorful and EVGA and they're both 2mm. 

Does anyone have any idea on what size my card might need? I assume it's 2mm but I don't have any way to measure that and also don't wanna buy something that won't fit.

Cheers lads.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: Asrock AB350 Pro4 | Ram: G.Skill Trident Z (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Intel 545s Series 256GB M.2 (SATA) SSD/Western Digital WD Blue 1TB/Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 6GB AMP! Edition | Case: NZXT S340 Black Case | PSU: Corsair HX750 | Operating System: Windows 11 Pro | Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini White MX Brown | Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless | Headphones: Astro A50 Gen 2 | Mic: Rode NT-USB | IEMS: KZ ZSN Pro X

42 minutes ago, Benjji said:

I was seeing the hotspot temps go up to 100c

That's not likely a thermal pad issue, that's likely a thermal paste issue. Pad issues would be if you were seeing memory temps exceed 100C, which given how that card uses GDDR6 rather than the extremely hot GDDR6X found on other, more popularly repadded GPUs, I'd say is rather unlikely. 

If you do want to find out, just buy a pair of digital calipers, a cheap pair can be had for around $10 and are very useful for things like this. Other option (and the one I've been using for a while now) is to just buy thermal putty and not worry about pad thickness. It's a lot messier, yes, but it's also hard to screw up and buy too thin/too thick thermal pads and kill the card. 

8 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That's not likely a thermal pad issue, that's likely a thermal paste issue. Pad issues would be if you were seeing memory temps exceed 100C, which given how that card uses GDDR6 rather than the extremely hot GDDR6X found on other, more popularly repadded GPUs, I'd say is rather unlikely. 

If you do want to find out, just buy a pair of digital calipers, a cheap pair can be had for around $10 and are very useful for things like this. Other option (and the one I've been using for a while now) is to just buy thermal putty and not worry about pad thickness. It's a lot messier, yes, but it's also hard to screw up and buy too thin/too thick thermal pads and kill the card. 

Ahh okay.

How do I find mem temps anyway? Theres no sensor on the card for it from what I can tell looking at HWinfo and GPU-Z. 

I'll repaste tommorow and see what happens. 

Cheers

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: Asrock AB350 Pro4 | Ram: G.Skill Trident Z (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Intel 545s Series 256GB M.2 (SATA) SSD/Western Digital WD Blue 1TB/Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 6GB AMP! Edition | Case: NZXT S340 Black Case | PSU: Corsair HX750 | Operating System: Windows 11 Pro | Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini White MX Brown | Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless | Headphones: Astro A50 Gen 2 | Mic: Rode NT-USB | IEMS: KZ ZSN Pro X

Just now, Benjji said:

How do I find mem temps anyway? Theres no sensor on the card for it from what I can tell looking at HWinfo and GPU-Z. 

If there's a temp sensor on that card for it, it would be in one of those two. GDDR6 doesn't run that hot though, so it's not really something you need to pay attention to. It's in the same vein of chipset temps with motherboards on everything but X570, it's nice to have a sensor but odds of it getting anywhere close to dangerous are practically zero. 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If there's a temp sensor on that card for it, it would be in one of those two. GDDR6 doesn't run that hot though, so it's not really something you need to pay attention to. It's in the same vein of chipset temps with motherboards on everything but X570, it's nice to have a sensor but odds of it getting anywhere close to dangerous are practically zero. 

Do you think hotspot temp at 100c is still too hot though? I've dropped power limit to 90% while I buy thermal paste to repaste anyway.

6 minutes ago, Benjji said:

Do you think hotspot temp at 100c is still too hot though? I've dropped power limit to 90% while I buy thermal paste to repaste anyway.

Yeah, 100C hotspot is pretty warm. It's likely within spec for the card, but I'd personally want it to be under 90 if possible in something like Time Spy. 

Just an update to this - I repasted card, but still getting 100c hotspot temp on default settings after about 15 mins of timespy stress test. 

Guess i'll just stick with a undervolt then.