WHOIS help ._.

So, about six months ago, I decided that I wanted to create a server and purchased a domain for it. I have long since given up the idea of creating a server, and recently, I found a page called "Whois" that had my domain associated with all my personal info.

I was wondering if there was a way to edit all my personal info on the Whois site to make my info fake, and thus them taking down the domain.  

So, about six months ago, I decided that I wanted to create a server and purchased a domain for it. I have long since given up the idea of creating a server, and recently, I found a page called "Whois" that had my domain associated with all my personal info.

I was wondering if there was a way to edit all my personal info on the Whois site to make my info fake, and thus them taking down the domain.  

Go to your registrar and edit the information in there.

Hmm, I wonder if you should go through your bank accounts and stuff just in case since you mentioned your personal info was on there.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

You will want to contact your registrar and have them surrender the domain.

Go to your registrar and edit the information in there.

His domain can be seized/deleted for inserting false information.

Hmm, I wonder if you should go through your bank accounts and stuff just in case since you mentioned your personal info was on there.

It is his address and phone number

Well, he better get a guard dog(s) then.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Well, he better get a guard dog(s) then.

Who will care about some random persons address?

If you got domain from good service, they should have place to insert what is shown when someone looks for info about your domain. For me I had name and email.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You will want to contact your registrar and have them surrender the domain.

His domain can be seized/deleted for inserting false information.

See underlined text.

The information can be removed from the whois system itself by your registar, however your options may vary depending on the TLD. Only searches done from now and future will be changed.

Now problem comes when sites like who.is and domaintools.com captures history of domains, and requiring money to have the information on owners removed - some even take money for handing out owner history.

Likely, your information will stay somewhere forever. If somebody was to be interested in getting your specific information, it would be obtainable.

Yes, the whois protocol is an absolutely dreadful.