Gaming - Multiple USB port from living room to my PC 1 floor difference.

Cat Graphic

Hi there,

I often have friends over in my living room to play games on my PC. I have to bring my PC down from the office, which is just upstairs of the living room.

I'm not sure if it's crazy or if there's a better way to do this, but I thought of crawling up a USB 3.0 Extension cable(which I don't have yet) in the ceiling, connecting it to my PC and to a Multiple USB port (that I already have) in the living room to plug our xbox controllers. I already have an extremely long HDMI cable that I could also fit in the ceiling hole from the TV to my PC.

This way I won't have to bring my PC downstairs every gaming night.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

if you can do it all with just regular cables that are just long that'll be the easiest way if you don't care about running the cables. there are other systems where they try doing it with just a single wire and it's overly complicated compared to just running the cables as you've suggested.

19 minutes ago, emosun said:

if you can do it all with just regular cables that are just long that'll be the easiest way if you don't care about running the cables. there are other systems where they try doing it with just a single wire and it's overly complicated compared to just running the cables as you've suggested.

Yeah 1 cable would be awesome. I'm just wondering how many xbox controllers a usb 3.0 can handle. It happens that I play up to 8 people at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Cat Graphic said:

Yeah 1 cable would be awesome. I'm just wondering how many xbox controllers a usb 3.0 can handle. It happens that I play up to 8 people at the same time.

just use a powered usb hub on the end of the cable and it should be able to do plenty of xbox controllers

10 minutes ago, Cat Graphic said:

a lot, i ran a 1080p webcam, keyboard, mouse, graphics tablet, and bluetooth receiver for my controller, all through one USB 2.0 connection with a powered hub

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

a lot, i ran a 1080p webcam, keyboard, mouse, graphics tablet, and bluetooth receiver for my controller, all through one USB 2.0 connection with a powered hub

Oh interesting. Yeah I guess a Powered usb hub would give extra juice to the signal