BIOS issue, or incompatible CPU?

The story: My brother recently purchased a Ryzen 5 4500 as an upgrade for his PC. After installing, I attempted to get to Windows, but no luck. I've upgraded the mobo chipset driver to the latest version (20.45.36.210209a), and same thing with the BIOS (F53h). 

The specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 4500 (Old CPU: Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU: Gigabyte RTX2060 Windforce OC

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 3000MHz

The issue(s): The main issue is that I cannot get to Windows. The monitor will show the Windows loading screen for a second or two, before completely blackscreening. I can only get into BIOS.

The second issue is that none of the case fans spin up. The CPU and GPU fans are fine.

What I've tried:

Reinstalling BIOS. Causes the same issues.

Installing older version of BIOS. So far they've all been incompatible.

Clearing CMOS. Didn't help with the issue.

Reinstalling Windows. I am still met with the same issue, PC will show Windows load screen for a second or two, then blackscreen.

Installing another OS. No luck.

I'm honestly at wit's end, as I've been trying to get it working for 2 days now. I'm beginning to believe that either the CPU is broken or incompatible. Any help is greatly appreciated!

My current build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite V2

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 6800 SWFT 319

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO (4x8 3200MHz)

Storage: Patriot P300 128GB, XPG SPECTRIX S40G 1TB, WD HDD 1TB

Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i RGB ELITE

PSU: Corsair RMx 750W 80 Plus Gold

Case: Corsair 4000D

Monitor: AOC Q27G2S

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM

Mouse: Roccat Burst Pro

Headphones: Roccat ELO 7.1 USB

Microphone: Roccat Torch

If it was incompatible you shouldn't even be able to complete POST successfully but I'll check for you anyway.

Ryzen 5 4500 supported since BIOS T52d / F52e and you updated to F53h which seem newer to me so that shouldn't be a problem. You cleared CMOS and left all BIOS settings stock after this? It also worked fine prior to this upgrade?

Strange stuff. I can understand you feel like you're at wits end on this one. So the screen goes black during Windows load screen, even on a completely fresh install with the old partitions removed, yes? I could assume it was display driver related but shouldn't be if you made a clean install by removing the old partitions... Can you try to put your own RAM kit (1 or two sticks only) into his PC and see if that works? Or possibly download memtest and let that run for a pass or two? I can smell video card something but it doesn't make sense. Did the Windows install work normally?

EDIT: What PSU is in that PC?

4 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

If it was incompatible you shouldn't even be able to complete POST successfully but I'll check for you anyway.

Ryzen 5 4500 supported since BIOS T52d / F52e and you updated to F53h which seem newer to me so that shouldn't be a problem. You cleared CMOS and left all BIOS settings stock after this? It also worked fine prior to this upgrade?

Strange stuff. I can understand you feel like you're at wits end on this one. So the screen goes black during Windows load screen, even on a completely fresh install with the old partitions removed, yes? I could assume it was display driver related but shouldn't be if you made a clean install by removing the old partitions... Can you try to put your own RAM kit (1 or two sticks only) into his PC and see if that works? Or possibly download memtest and let that run for a pass or two? I can smell video card something but it doesn't make sense. Did the Windows install work normally?

EDIT: What PSU is in that PC?

I will try my own RAM once I'm back at the computer. 

The windows install didn't work normally. Running the installation (i.e. Booting from the windows CD in BIOS) simply gives a slightly longer windows load screen.

The PSU is a Cooler Master 550W. I'll be able to give the specific model once I can get back to the PC to check.

My current build:

MasterWatt 550 I presume.

Maybe the CPU does have an issue then..? Try that RAM or maybe the old CPU if possible.

1 hour ago, aDoomGuy said:

MasterWatt 550 I presume.

Maybe the CPU does have an issue then..? Try that RAM or maybe the old CPU if possible.

The PSU is a Cooler Master MWE 550 Bronze V2.

Putting in different RAM didn't change anything. The PC functions fine with the old CPU, though.

My current build:

1 hour ago, MRDotted said:

The PSU is a Cooler Master MWE 550 Bronze V2.

Putting in different RAM didn't change anything. The PC functions fine with the old CPU, though.

Maybe it is the CPU then. 😐

17 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

Maybe it is the CPU then. 😐

Perhaps. We've decided to send it back. Thanks for the help though.

My current build:

45 minutes ago, MRDotted said:

Perhaps. We've decided to send it back. Thanks for the help though.

Before you send it back, check and be sure when the BIOS was updated it didn't change the drive's settings because what you describe is alot like what happens if you try to boot an IDE configured drive/OS when the drive's actual settings, as it was when setup calls for it to be AHCI instead.

Could be these settings were different when the OS was installed than they would be in their BIOS "Default" state.

Check that and see what it's set for now and what choices you have.
Then you can try different settings, either it's going to fix it with one of those or it won't.

As for fans, that too could be due to settings not being as ythey were before, meaning those settings are also in a default state due to the BIOS update, not as they were before.
Anytime you update a BIOS that will chnage tjings in the BIOS and you have to go back in and reconfigure things, I've never seen a machine "Keep" the old settings aftera BIOS update was done before.

Also - What kind of drive is the OS on anyway?

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.