Razer Viper v2 Pro dongle failing [ thermal heat problem? ]

MarkYork

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Razer Viper V2 Pro. It's been great for gaming, the best mice I had gamed with. Has great shape, fast, tracking is perfect, clicks never fail, but... big but... the USB dongle has failed after a few days of usage. This is the second unit I got my hands on, because a week ago I had the exact same problem, and I had to request a new unit. I'm in the process of getting a new unit, Razer even offered me a new dongle for free, but they claim they are unaware of the problem. However I've read other people on the Internet reporting the same problem.

Just wanted to ask you all if anyone has had this problem.

EDIT:

Like I mentioned on my reply bellow, my Lenovo Legion 7 is making USB devices get really hot sometimes. I'm starting to think that the dongle is getting killed by the heat coming out of my computer.

If you get the new unit and find its defective, I would get my money back and find something else. I know mice are a very personal thing and getting used to a different one can be annoying, but having a product fail on me 3 times is far too many and I would look elsewhere. 

I agree with you and I'm considering other options.

On the other hand, I'm starting to think that the dongle is dying due to an external factor. I have a Lenovo Legion 7 laptop form 2021, the heat is being dissipated through the back of the computer and I have observed that USB devices get really hot sometimes.