LTX 2023 - Looking for Whale Lan details

Finalcountdown

Hey guys, 

I was just wondering if any of the crew knew more details about the upcoming Whale Lan for LTX 2023. If I bring my large tower (Be Quiet Dark Base 700 L x W x H - 544mm x 241mm x 519mm) and 27" monitor with my keyboard and mouse, are there going to be big enough lockers to lock up my setup while exploring the event? Or do people just leave their PC at the desk? Also, I will be transporting the tower and monitor in the original boxes they were sold in, so the boxes are fairly large. Would I have a spot to store these boxes inside? or would I have to find another location to store them? I do see it says "bringing a lock is optional" so I'm guessing there are lockers for the BYOC crew.

Thanks 
Finalcountdown

2 hours ago, Finalcountdown said:

Hey guys, 

I was just wondering if any of the crew knew more details about the upcoming Whale Lan for LTX 2023. If I bring my large tower (Be Quiet Dark Base 700 L x W x H - 544mm x 241mm x 519mm) and 27" monitor with my keyboard and mouse, are there going to be big enough lockers to lock up my setup while exploring the event? Or do people just leave their PC at the desk? Also, I will be transporting the tower and monitor in the original boxes they were sold in, so the boxes are fairly large. Would I have a spot to store these boxes inside? or would I have to find another location to store them? I do see it says "bringing a lock is optional" so I'm guessing there are lockers for the BYOC crew.

Thanks 
Finalcountdown

The table space for a regular BYOC ticket is likely to be half of a 6'x30" table (same table size we used for our 2019 BYOC) and you will only be able to access the BYOC area if you have a ticket/pass that includes a seat.

A 27" monitor is a pretty good size for a LAN, anything large can be a nuisance.

You might want to look into a LAN shelf (DIY or a kit of somekind) if you really want to maximize your space:

image.jpeg

We will be tagging larger items (computer & monitor) and matching them to your badge so don't lose it! It's common for people to bring a Kensington lock or similar and lock it to the table for the weekend.

In the past our BYOC experiences have been chill and we haven't had issues, but as with most BYOC events we're not liable for anything that could happen to your stuff; it is recommended that you don't leave any loose electronics at your setup when you leave.

We don't have any lockers within the venue at this time, some might exist within the convention centre.

Boxes could be stored under your desk (not ideal I know) or we'd recommend putting them back in your car (if you drive), as long as your boxes don't intrude on the seats next to you or end up blocking the walkway.

On 1/7/2023 at 6:01 PM, Finalcountdown said:

Thanks, Chase, for all this information.
Do you have a game list with titles that can be expected to be played?

We'll have a schedule out closer to the expo! I expect most of our officially scheduled games/tournaments/challenges to revolve around LAN friendly titles; free/inexpensive, mid/low spec requirements and offline LAN multiplayer or easy to host online lobbies.

BYOC attendees are encouraged to find games to play outside of the official schedule and do their best to 'rally the troops' if they want to get a lobby going. In addition to scheduled tournaments and challenges we'll also have some "game of the hour" suggestions where we'll host lobbies or get people to provide a few lobby codes to everyone to make it easy to join a match with other LAN attendees!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 12:50 PM, Chase Douglas said:

The table space for a regular BYOC ticket is likely to be half of a 6'x30" table (same table size we used for our 2019 BYOC) and you will only be able to access the BYOC area if you have a ticket/pass that includes a seat.

A 27" monitor is a pretty good size for a LAN, anything large can be a nuisance.

You might want to look into a LAN shelf (DIY or a kit of somekind) if you really want to maximize your space:

image.jpeg

We will be tagging larger items (computer & monitor) and matching them to your badge so don't lose it! It's common for people to bring a Kensington lock or similar and lock it to the table for the weekend.

In the past our BYOC experiences have been chill and we haven't had issues, but as with most BYOC events we're not liable for anything that could happen to your stuff; it is recommended that you don't leave any loose electronics at your setup when you leave.

We don't have any lockers within the venue at this time, some might exist within the convention centre.

Boxes could be stored under your desk (not ideal I know) or we'd recommend putting them back in your car (if you drive), as long as your boxes don't intrude on the seats next to you or end up blocking the walkway.

Any chance you could elaborate on the tagging system? Is the idea that there is going to be like a security preventing people from leaving with any large items without a matching badge?

Thanks