FloatPlane Issues

WinterWitch

Hi, 

so I don’t know how to get in contact or report float plane issues or they team that runs it. There are 2 issues I am having, 1 with the website/email and 1 with the App.

App issue: Once I downloaded the app, the only option available is to sign in and doesn’t allow me to create an account in the app. Nor does it re-direct me to the website to do it. 

Website issue: Once I created my account, I had issues signing in. I put in my password and it said it was wrong and I tried all iterations of it. After that I went to reset my password. 

when resetting, I would click the link in the reset email and I would get the error: “The code is invalid. Reset password”.

If the community could help me reach the floatplane team to get the issues fixed that would be great. 

If any of those members read this, feel free to reach to me for more questions. I am a Computer Science major as well but I already have a internship for the summer and it’s my senior year. So I’d be willing to work part-time for free to help fix the issues and others. 

There's the Floatplane support linked in the previous post, contact them. But before they get back to you I have an answer to your app question and a suggestion for your web problem.

The app issue: This is an Apple problem. You can't sign up on the iOS app because Apple would take a 30% cut and Floatplane doesn't have the profit margin (or venture capital money) to absorb that. They also can't link to the website where you can sign up because Apple does not allow links out of the app. Blame Apple, not Floatplane.

The web issue: Try disabling any extensions you have, even if you don't think they should change anything. If that doesn't work try a different browser.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Support@floatplane.com

Alan agreed on App issue. They probably could have note about it in apps store description.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

Yikes! A CS major couldn't find the Contact Support button?  https://www.floatplane.com/support

Thank you for the help. As for the sarcasm, it’s a good one. Gave me a chuckle and made my day! So thank you for the help and the smile! :)

22 hours ago, BobVonBob said:

There's the Floatplane support linked in the previous post, contact them. But before they get back to you I have an answer to your app question and a suggestion for your web problem.

The app issue: This is an Apple problem. You can't sign up on the iOS app because Apple would take a 30% cut and Floatplane doesn't have the profit margin (or venture capital money) to absorb that. They also can't link to the website where you can sign up because Apple does not allow links out of the app. Blame Apple, not Floatplane.

The web issue: Try disabling any extensions you have, even if you don't think they should change anything. If that doesn't work try a different browser.

Oh, I had no idea about the sign up thing. Thank you for letting me know! 

On 1/3/2023 at 7:20 PM, ToboRobot said:

Yikes! A CS major couldn't find the Contact Support button?  https://www.floatplane.com/support

In his defense, I'm a software engineer and I found the link to 'Help & Support' through this post.

Placing 'Help & Support' under the 'Settings' option isn't the clearest navigation path. I'd say 'Settings' is more accurately defined on Floatplane as 'Dashboard', since it contains more than settings.

1 hour ago, Allen Copeland said:

In his defense, I'm a software engineer and I found the link to 'Help & Support' through this post.

Placing 'Help & Support' under the 'Settings' option isn't the clearest navigation path. I'd say 'Settings' is more accurately defined on Floatplane as 'Dashboard', since it contains more than settings.

Google "floatplane support" or "floatplane contact" and it is the number on result.

Pretty easy for me as a CS dropout to figure out.