Laptops Graphics

I really don't know if this belongs in this section (I also posted in the 'Mobile Devices' section). Anyways:

So, I have been looking at these two laptops (yeah, don't hate, I need a laptop):

Acer Aspire V5-561-9410 and Acer Aspire V5-561G-9865

As you can tell by the names and specs, they are pretty much the same thing. The only difference is the default HDD size and the graphics card in the laptop. So the 9410 has Intel HD Graphics 4400 and the G-9865 has AMD Radeon R7 M265... which one is better and why?

Thanks for reading and acknowledging this post :)

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.

The R7 M265 is better for gaming. The HD 4400 is only an iGPU.

Not that either would be ideal for mobile gaming; that's a ULV i7 (dual core).

Where do you find AMD's mobile GPUs?

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

At that price, better find one with Nvidia GT740M. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

The laptop with the amd graphic card is better for gaming and small graphics programms

The AMD will be the better choice here.

While the NVIDIA GT740M is another option.

Some mid range AMD GPU uses GDDR5 instead of DDR3 so 3D performance will be much better

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

The AMD will be the better choice here.

While the NVIDIA GT740M is another option.

Some mid range AMD GPU uses GDDR5 instead of DDR3 so 3D performance will be much better

At that price, better find one with Nvidia GT740M. 

So this laptop was recommended to me on my other post regarding the choice of laptop: here. The laptop I had in the post contained an i5 and GT820M for $600 USD. I'll look into laptops with the 740M, but I don't know that they would be in my price zone.

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.

R7-265M is definitely better than GT820M, GT740m just slightly faster but the reason i recommend it over R7-265M is because driver support for Intel + AMD discrete graphic is not good. You need to resort of using 3rd party modded driver from modder like Leshcat or LeeKM(MIA) if you want latest driver.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

R7-265M is definitely better than GT820M, GT740m just slightly faster but the reason i recommend it over R7-265M is because driver support for Intel + AMD discrete graphic is not good. You need to resort of using 3rd party modded driver from modder like Leshcat or LeeKM(MIA) if you want latest driver.

You're saying that Intel CPUs and AMD GPU's aren't compatible properly? waaat?

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

What he means there is hardly driver support for mobile amd gpus.

My current acer laptop with the amd gpu is still running the driver meant for Vista OS.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

What he means there is hardly driver support for mobile amd gpus.

My current acer laptop with the amd gpu is still running the driver meant for Vista OS.

You're saying that Intel CPUs and AMD GPU's aren't compatible properly? waaat?

No, you realized this laptop got switchable graphic with 2 GPUs right? One is Intel HD 4400 and another one is AMD R7-265M. Although AMD switchable graphic for mobile have gotten better in past year but it still not as good as Nvidia Optimus.