$600 budget Upgrade Recommendation for my PC

Go to solution Solved by Gokul_P,
13 minutes ago, Fried Duck said:

Budget (including currency): $600/Rp.10.000.000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  PC requirement for Mainstream Gaming (usually while recording/ Sometimes Livestream), Photo and video editing is not too heavy (for YouTube (Photoshop, Inkscape, Filmora), Use for 3D design software (AutoCad, Autodesk, Revit)

Other details 

My current PC are:
Ryzen 3 3100
Asrock A320M A-Pro
Ram 2x4GB DDR4 2600MHz Team Elite 
SSD SATA Adata 256 GB
Sapphire RX 550 4GB GDDR5
Hardisk 1 TB
PSU Deepcool 450W
Case (i dunno the brand)

what should i upgrade in my pc so that the pc will proof 3 more years with a $600 budget. 

I would upgrade like this Assuming the case is full atx

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zfkd2m

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.00 @ B&H) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($379.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM650 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($94.99 @ Corsair) 
Total: $683.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-01-01 01:34 EST-0500

you might want to consider a ssd upgrade aswell if your board have M.2 or get a new board as well but it will cost you more money

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  PC requirement for Mainstream Gaming (usually while recording/ Sometimes Livestream), Photo and video editing is not too heavy (for YouTube (Photoshop, Inkscape, Filmora), Use for 3D design software (AutoCad, Autodesk, Revit)

Other details 

My current PC are:
Ryzen 3 3100
Asrock A320M A-Pro
SSD SATA Adata 256 GB
Hardisk 1 TB
PSU Deepcool 450W
Case (i dunno the brand)

what should i upgrade in my pc so that the pc will proof 3 more years with a $600 budget. 

Other details 

My current PC are:
Ryzen 3 3100
Asrock A320M A-Pro
SSD SATA Adata 256 GB
Hardisk 1 TB
PSU Deepcool 450W
Case (i dunno the brand)

I would upgrade like this Assuming the case is full atx

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zfkd2m

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.00 @ B&H) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($379.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM650 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($94.99 @ Corsair) 
Total: $683.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-01-01 01:34 EST-0500

you might want to consider a ssd upgrade aswell if your board have M.2 or get a new board as well but it will cost you more money

25 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

so do you have any reccomendation for a motherboard that will sync with the spesification you send before ? (maybe under $180)

Just now, Fried Duck said:

so do you have any reccomendation for a motherboard that will sync with the spesification you send before ? (maybe under $180)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/pLNxFT/asus-tuf-gaming-b550-plus-wifi-ii-atx-am4-motherboard-tuf-gaming-b550-plus-wifi-ii. i actually added this in the og post you can click the new board there. 

2 hours ago, Fried Duck said:

Asrock A320M A-Pro

Isnt that an msi board? Take a pic of it if you are unsure, may aswell take a pic of the case

I think a cpu, ram, and gpu upgrade will be sufficient, no need to upgrade anything else unless you have a garbage airflow case and dont wanna take off sidepanel, but cheap airflow cases like cube gaming frins are like 450rb (30$)

cpu wise you can choose between a ryzen 5600 and 5500, 5600 is at 2.1jt (140$), 5500 is at 1.6jt (107$), ryzen 5500 cut down cache can be mitigated by running as close to 1:1 fclk as possible which is 5000 ddr4 on cezanne, that crappy board without a crossflash to a b350m pro vh (similar layout to your board) will definitely not be able to hit much more than 4000mhz nor overclock the cpu to proper speeds (4.6-4.8ghz)

Ram wise just buy cheap micron/crucial 8gb bare pcbs, 2x8 ddr4 for ~30$/450rb considering shipping thats capable of upto around 4600-5000 ddr4 if you ever wanna push it that far but a lazy 3800c17/18 overclock will do (dont bother tightening cas that much, doesnt do shit for performance and gobbles volt), make sure to ask for c9bjz or d9wfr ram ics though (ic code is on the black squares aka ics)

Gpu wise yea use the rest of the budget, maybe a 6700xt or 6800. Dunno if anyones selling those used at a decent price here in indo

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Isnt that an msi board? 

ahh Yes its MSI Board, my bad.

and for my PC case, i think it similar to this one https://venomrxs.com/case/urra-2/, but instead i use 3 fan in front and in the back

cpu wise you can choose between a ryzen 5600 and 5500, 5600 is at 2.1jt (140$), 5500 is at 1.6jt (107$), ryzen 5500 cut down cache can be mitigated by running as close to 1:1 fclk as possible which is 5000 ddr4 on cezanne, that crappy board without a crossflash to a b350m pro vh (similar layout to your board) will definitely not be able to hit much more than 4000mhz nor overclock the cpu to proper speeds (4.6-4.8ghz)

so its okey if use the MSI A320 board right ? i just have to update the BIOS, i mean is there like a down effect if use the 5000 series cpu in that motherboard ?
and is there any leap performance if pick either 5500, 5600x, 5700x ? or should i just stick with the 5500 ? 

Gpu wise yea use the rest of the budget, maybe a 6700xt or 6800. Dunno if anyones selling those used at a decent price here in indo

my friend told me that i should go for the RTX 2060 ($280/Rp.4.350.000) rather than the Radeon 6700xt ($370/Rp.5.623.000) which one should i pick based on what i need ?

what i need is 
PC requirement for Mainstream Gaming (usually while recording/ Sometimes Livestream, I usually play minecraft with a lot of Mod (100+ will made my rx550 struggled)), Photo and video editing is not too heavy (for YouTube (Photoshop, Inkscape, Filmora), Use for 3D design software (AutoCad, Autodesk, Revit)

ahh Yes its MSI Board, my bad.

and for my PC case, i think it similar to this one https://venomrxs.com/case/urra-2/, but instead i use 3 fan in front and in the back

Damn i was expecting you to have a crappy hotbox but nope, actually decent airflow case, so keep the case theres clearly nothing wrong with it

If you are curious on unlocking oc capability on your board its as simple as buying a ch341a + dupont male -> female jumper wires and matching the pinouts of the programmer to the spi header marked jspi1 thats directly below the cpu and directly above the pcie. Theres no risk as you can reflash bios to stock bios if anything goes wrong

6 minutes ago, Fried Duck said:

so its okey if use the MSI A320 board right ? i just have to update the BIOS, i mean is there like a down effect if use the 5000 series cpu in that motherboard ?
and is there any leap performance if pick either 5500, 5600x, 5700x ? or should i just stick with the 5500 ? 

Yes its fine, vrms should be ok fir a lower power chip like the 5600/5500

5600 will perform better than the 5500 due to cache but the 5500 can be made to perform close to a 5600 by running really fast ram and ocing to 4.6-4.8g

Just now, Fried Duck said:

my friend told me that i should go for the RTX 2060 ($280/Rp.4.350.000) rather than the Radeon 6700xt ($370/Rp.5.623.000) which one should i pick based on what i need ?

what i need is 
PC requirement for Mainstream Gaming (usually while recording/ Sometimes Livestream, I usually play minecraft with a lot of Mod (100+ will made my rx550 struggled)), Photo and video editing is not too heavy (for YouTube (Photoshop, Inkscape, Filmora), Use for 3D design software (AutoCad, Autodesk, Revit)

Actually i think nvidia is better at productivity stuff if thats the main thing you use the pc for, but definitely not a weak ass 2060 maybe look at a 2070 or 3060ti or something

4 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

If you are curious on unlocking oc capability on your board its as simple as buying a ch341a + dupont male -> female jumper wires and matching the pinouts of the programmer to the spi header marked jspi1 thats directly below the cpu and directly above the pcie. Theres no risk as you can reflash bios to stock bios if anything goes wrong

thanks but i think im gonna skip that, just want something work out of the box 😄

7 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

actually i think nvidia is better at productivity stuff if thats the main thing you use the pc for, but definitely not a weak ass 2060 maybe look at a 2070 or 3060ti or something

ahhh, i didnt find any 3060ti in my fav OLShop i just found the 3060, should be good right ?
and for the power supply, should i stick with the 450w deepcool psu, or maybe upgrade to cooler master MWE 550w ?

26 minutes ago, Fried Duck said:

thanks but i think im gonna skip that, just want something work out of the box 😄

Only option if you wanna overclock without having to upgrade board, and its only like what 50-70rb? Mostly just a fancy puzzle game for matching pinouts

24 minutes ago, Fried Duck said:

ahhh, i didnt find any 3060ti in my fav OLShop i just found the 3060, should be good right ?
and for the power supply, should i stick with the 450w deepcool psu, or maybe upgrade to cooler master MWE 550w ?

Well if you need more vram then 3060 is a decent choice

Definitely gonna need an upgraded psu

heres a used 750w gold silverstone essential for 505rb, far far superior than an mwe even when you just look at the wattage

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Definitely gonna need an upgraded psu

heres a used 750w gold silverstone essential for 505rb, far far superior than an mwe even when you just look at the wattage

is it fine buying an used PSU ? i think its a little bit sketchy..,
i take it in consideration to buy the silverstone (i still dunno if its fine to buy used PSU tho xD.) or maybe going for Cooler master MWE 650W bronze

1 hour ago, Fried Duck said:

is it fine buying an used PSU ? i think its a little bit sketchy..,
i take it in consideration to buy the silverstone (i still dunno if its fine to buy used PSU tho xD.) or maybe going for Cooler master MWE 650W bronze

Yes used psu is totally safe and i have living proof, although my psu is definitely far from ideal since i bought it when it was 9 years old already but hey almost 3 years later its now almost 12 years old and still working just fine, oh and its the kind of psu youd find in a random warnet pc

This psu is alot newer and much higher quality, absolutely no drawbacks vs new when new is a shitty 550w 80+ white pile of junk

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Yes used psu is totally safe and i have living proof, although my psu is definitely far from ideal since i bought it when it was 9 years old already but hey almost 3 years later its now almost 12 years old and still working just fine, oh and its the kind of psu youd find in a random warnet pc

This psu is alot newer and much higher quality, absolutely no drawbacks vs new when new is a shitty 550w 80+ white pile of junk

ahhh i see, maybe i try contact the seller asking how long does the psu used, if it used in less then 1 year i will go for it.

Thanks so much sir for you answer and information, nice to meet you in this form. Have a Great Day 😄 !!

11 hours ago, Fried Duck said:

ahhh i see, maybe i try contact the seller asking how long does the psu used, if it used in less then 1 year i will go for it.

Thanks so much sir for you answer and information, nice to meet you in this form. Have a Great Day 😄 !!

Ideally dont buy a psu thats more than 5 years old, psus generally last for around 10-15 years considering mines almost 12 now you dont really have to worry too much about psu age, though mine will obviously die within my ownership in the next few years or so cause its already really old and i intend to keep this thing till it dies

The next few generations will need more and more psu power so youd problably ditch that 750w in the next 5 years anyways so the extra 5-10 years of extra lifespan becomes pretty useless