Screen goes black when toggling full screen

luckeYpublic

Hi,

I just bought new 4K monitors, and I have an issue.

Whenever I start a game or toggling full screen mode my screen goes black for a few seconds. This never happened with my WQHD monitors. It also happened when I pressed CTRL + S in Photoshop to save an image.

Is there anything I can do with that? I tried switching between 8 and 10 bits, turning G-SYNC on/off.

Monitor: LG Ultragear 27GP95R-B 44

Graphics Card: ASUS TUF RTX 4090

Thank you for helping!

Miklós

Video of the issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wry1Rd76BCBYLGyWeVJOj3GmZ5VS0PdY/view?usp=share_link

5 hours ago, Robchil said:

swapping in and out of HDR? 

I don't think so, because HDR is turned off in my Windows settings.

Just now, luckeYpublic said:

I don't think so, because HDR is turned off in my Windows settings.

that doesn't mean it's off in the game... 

59 minutes ago, Robchil said:

that doesn't mean it's off in the game... 

I am sorry for being an idiot, but I don't see any HDR settings in Minecraft or Rocket League, so what can I do about it? If I run a game in windowed or borderless it doesn't happen.

I've had this happen with G-Sync enabled. Check the Nvidia control panel, see if it's on, and if it is, try turning it off. From there, you may need to tweak the settings in G-Sync for when to kick it on. In the case I had, it was just MC causing issue and eventually it fixed itself when my GPU driver updated to a newer version that didn't exist when the issue was present. 

Keep in mind, the monitor you have is G-Sync Compatible. It's not actual G-Sync, so it can have issues. It's not supposed to, but things happen.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section