Tech Current Event Paper

joemomma22

So i have a paper due for computer science on monday. its nothing super hardcore, just a couple paragraphs for 4 different technological current events. havent chose my topics yet but it shouldnt be too hard. wanna see if anything has any super interesting qualities to me, as it will be a lot more fun to research and write about. anything new and exciting that any of you feel are super interesting?

Your paper is due on Monday and you've not started it yet? Better yet, ask for help from others? lol

Lots to talk about. Oculus rift VR, new maxwell chips. Z97 boards. PCI-Ex SSDs. Lots and lots of news! Watch the WAN show to find the latest tech news and research any topics they mention...

post-15149-0-25888100-1399154471.png

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Your paper is due on Monday and you've not started it yet? Better yet, ask for help from others? lol

Lots to talk about. Oculus rift VR, new maxwell chips. Z97 boards. PCI-Ex SSDs. Lots and lots of news! Watch the WAN show to find the latest tech news and research any topics they mention...

precisely! haha  yeah i watch the wan show every week. 

heres a clip from the assignment 

Find four recent articles on technology. Recent means the article should have been published in 2012 or later. Find something interesting or exciting! Each article should be on a topic such as:alternate chip technologies such as nano-technology, DNA computing, etcalternate architectures such as GPU architecture, etcnew developments in operating systems (but not just new versions of android, unix, etc.)the Internet of thingssecurity/botnets/malwareadvances using 3D printingnew uses of technology to assist people with disabilities or in extreme povertyartificial intelligence, WatsonMoore's Law

she showed something in class about a 3d printed cast which was pretty cool. im just not exactly sure how im going to write about something like maxwell (for example) without just loading the paragraphs up with specs basically restating the articles themselves.

i thought i was done with my english classes and papers!!!!!!!! not supposed to have one in cs haha

she showed something in class about a 3d printed cast which was pretty cool. im just not exactly sure how im going to write about something like maxwell (for example) without just loading the paragraphs up with specs basically restating the articles themselves.

You can give a brief explanation of the chips, specs and the nm technology (upcoming *promised* chips to be in the smaller nm (can't remember the exact dimensions, something like 10nm??)). Talk of the power efficiency and scenarios they can be used in. Like the nvidia mobile chip (forgot the name)  Used for automated car driving scanning surroundings in real time, making assessments of the road etc. 

Talk of the latest in 3D printing and the cases it can be used in. Like bionic limbs and artificial food.

Plenty of other things but just a little digging on the internet will give more answers.

Heartbleed could be another. A highly controversial topic with affected SSL sites and the NSA involved in the knowing etc. 

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

You can give a brief explanation of the chips, specs and the nm technology (upcoming *promised* chips to be in the smaller nm (can't remember the exact dimensions, something like 10nm??)). Talk of the power efficiency and scenarios they can be used in. Like the nvidia mobile chip (forgot the name)  Used for automated car driving scanning surroundings in real time, making assessments of the road etc. 

Talk of the latest in 3D printing and the cases it can be used in. Like bionic limbs and artificial food.

Plenty of other things but just a little digging on the internet will give more answers.

Heartbleed could be another. A highly controversial topic with affected SSL sites and the NSA involved in the knowing etc. 

oh yeah i guess thats a good point... im debating on doing heartbleed, seems like theres a ton of (potentially false)information floating around and tons of fingers being pointed and eh idk. probably would be easy though. back to the chip, and automated driving, i think i heard somehting about mercedes releasing a car that detects if the driver is conscious, and if not it safely pulls the car over, and calls 911 if needed.

oh yeah i guess thats a good point... im debating on doing heartbleed, seems like theres a ton of (potentially false)information floating around and tons of fingers being pointed and eh idk. probably would be easy though. back to the chip, and automated driving, i think i heard somehting about mercedes releasing a car that detects if the driver is conscious, and if not it safely pulls the car over, and calls 911 if needed.

Yeah a lot of finger pointing and not so clear facts about it all. They won't admit to it but at least raising the point would raise a few eyebrows maybe, heh.

So I finished 1. I chose the internet explorer bug for the first.