My r9 295x2 Kept Crashing and now it doesn't show any video output... Help...

aVoid

So basically this has been a long recurring problem, sometimes it works just fine rarely though

What happens is as soon as windows launches the pc just freezes

Just Freezes thats it. It takes about 20-30 seconds for it to freeze so if i play an audio file before it crashing i can hear it playing after the crash 

Other than that sometimes when the pc launches i immediately open up device manager and disable and re enable the GPUs, yes both of them in a specific order

and also disable the integrated GPU. With a bit of luck and like 3-5 restarts it does end up working 

Once it does work it dosent bug me untill i decide to shut it down
But recently no matter how many times i try it just wont work anymore 

I have tried old drivers new drivers 
Have tried new cables
Another PCIe slot (yes x16) 

Older version of windows 10 

windows 8 , 8.1 ,7 , 7 pro etc

Same problem, when installing the drivers i let them install the drivers them self and when it asks to install the radeon software i close it otherwise when ever i restart it instantly freezes dosent give me the 20-30 second time to disable and enable the GPUs

My Spec are as follow :
i5 4690

R9 295x2

16 GB ddr3 1866 mhz

Gigabyte z97-DH3 

1200W Thermaltake Toughpower PSU

The Peripherals are nothing special atleast nothing that could affect this hopefully

That card was an after thought from the beginning. It didnt come with proper cooling from factory (120mm AIO for 500W card), if you also didnt maintain that card it is probably done for by now.

All of the things you described sounds like you either have a dead GPU/VRAM on that card.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

That card was an after thought from the beginning. It didnt come with proper cooling from factory (120mm AIO for 500W card), if you also didnt maintain that card it is probably done for by now.

All of the things you described sounds like you either have a dead GPU/VRAM on that card.

I have tried replacing the thermal pads and the thermal paste on it 
If the card works occasionally doesn't that rule out a hardware defect?

Just now, aVoid said:

If the card works occasionally doesn't that rule out a hardware defect?

Just the opposite actually. You have an issue that you can replicate on different version of an operating system (presumably) on clean installs. That only leaves hardware defect on the table.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

10 minutes ago, Levent said:

Just the opposite actually. You have an issue that you can replicate on different version of an operating system (presumably) on clean installs. That only leaves hardware defect on the table.

So my best bet is a new GPU?

And is there anything else i should try?

Edited by aVoid