No display after disabling CSM.

Hello, so I wanted to enable 4G encoding so I could enable AMD Smart Memory. In order to do this I was under the impression that I first had to disable CSM. I did all this then saved and exited the BIOS however I now have no display. I have taken out the CMOS battery and have also jumped the CLR_CMOS pins yet still nothing, is there anything else I can try. (This has happened once before and it worked after removing the CMOS battery) cheers all.

7 minutes ago, RTJenkoo said:

Hello, so I wanted to enable 4G encoding so I could enable AMD Smart Memory. In order to do this I was under the impression that I first had to disable CSM. I did all this then saved and exited the BIOS however I now have no display. I have taken out the CMOS battery and have also jumped the CLR_CMOS pins yet still nothing, is there anything else I can try. (This has happened once before and it worked after removing the CMOS battery) cheers all.

Hi 

It sounds like you've run into some trouble after making changes to your BIOS settings. Specifically, you mentioned that you enabled 4G encoding and disabled CSM in order to enable AMD Smart Memory, and now you're not getting any display.

Before we dive into potential solutions, it's worth noting that disabling CSM (Compatibility Support Module) can sometimes cause problems with booting. So, if you're not sure what you're doing, it's always a good idea to consult with someone more experienced or refer to the documentation for your motherboard or system.

Now, onto potential solutions:

1. Double-check your BIOS settings to make sure you didn't accidentally change any other settings that could cause the system to fail to boot.

2. Try resetting the BIOS to its default settings. To do this, you'll need to enter the BIOS and navigate to the "Reset to default" or "Load default settings" option. This will restore all BIOS settings to their default values, which may fix the issue.

3. Check for any BIOS updates. If there are any updates available for your BIOS, installing them may fix the issue.

4. Check for hardware issues. Make sure that all hardware is properly seated and connected, and try re-seating the RAM and graphics card.

5. If none of these steps help, you may need to try a "last resort" option, such as clearing the CMOS by removing the battery and unplugging the system, then pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds. This will completely reset the system and may allow it to boot correctly.

I hope these suggestions help you get your system up and running again!

36 minutes ago, RTJenkoo said:

remove the power cord then jump Clr cmos that might help. if you have a gpu that doesnot Support mb PCIE Driver it cant disply that but usually when the os loads the video will come back. If you have igpu you can try that. Is the fans are spinning up or and there is any Mb light can you provide system specs (Mb, Cpu, Gpu, PSU)

7 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

remove the power cord then jump Clr cmos that might help. if you have a gpu that doesnot Support mb PCIE Driver it cant disply that but usually when the os loads the video will come back. If you have igpu you can try that. Is the fans are spinning up or and there is any Mb light can you provide system specs (Mb, Cpu, Gpu, PSU)

I have already tried jumping the clr_cmos but this hasn't helped, all fans including cpu cooler and GPU fans are spinning as normal and all RGB on ram is on as normal aswell, just no display, all hardware is seated correctly. Specs are -

Ryzen 5 5600X

RX6600 XT

Gigabyte b550m ds3h mobo

750W PSU 

16GB ram at 3000 Mhz

5 minutes ago, RTJenkoo said:

I have already tried jumping the clr_cmos but this hasn't helped, all fans including cpu cooler and GPU fans are spinning as normal and all RGB on ram is on as normal aswell, just no display, all hardware is seated correctly. Specs are -

Ryzen 5 5600X

RX6600 XT

Gigabyte b550m ds3h mobo

750W PSU 

16GB ram at 3000 Mhz

Reseat the gpu and its cables. is your Windows instal is from old Board (you keeped the drive through upgrades). Try resetting Cmos one more time The CSM is usually Enabled in the Default so if it caused by CSM it should be fixed. 

37 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

Reseat the gpu and its cables. is your Windows instal is from old Board (you keeped the drive through upgrades). Try resetting Cmos one more time The CSM is usually Enabled in the Default so if it caused by CSM it should be fixed. 

Have tried this and it s hasn't worked... Sad times 

20 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Can also try with the card in another slot

I only have 1 full size PCIe unfortunately 

10 minutes ago, RTJenkoo said:

I only have 1 full size PCIe unfortunately 

The board you mentioned does have 2 Pcie 16X Slot1000

1 hour ago, Gokul_P said:

The board you mentioned does have 2 Pcie 16X Slot1000

but with todays cooling solutions on the GPU's.. do you think it will fit? 😄

2 minutes ago, Robchil said:

but with todays cooling solutions on the GPU's.. do you think it will fit? 😄

He has a 6600xt so it will fit. Even if it will not i take out the mb from the case and try the other slot. Its a very small plastic thing supporting a gpu so there is a high chance the pcie slot going bad if your gpu ways and you dont have a gpu support bracket.