PC Stuck in Boop Loop with No Post

That_PC_Kid

So a few weeks ago my PC stopped working. It would turn on and freeze at the motherboard logo. I was unable to access the BIOS. After some troubleshooting, I figured out it was the motherboard that went out. I bought new RAM, new CPU cooler, and a new motherboard and after putting it all together it booted up. I was on Discord talking to my friend for about 10 or so minutes and then I shut the computer down so I could plug in the ARGB cable for my fans and cooler. I shut it down and it had a Windows 10 update. After the update it shut down and I tried turning it back on even before I plugged in the ARGB cable and then it just went into a constant boot loop. It powers up for about 20 seconds then turns off. No display, no post. Keyboard doesn’t even light up. I tired reseating everything and still is in a boot loop. I literally do not know what it could be. My friend said that maybe the CPU was fried if the AIO pump wasn’t working but I have it plugged in correctly plus I was on my PC for 10+ minutes before this issue happened. Any suggestions or thoughts on what it could be? Maybe just a broken Windows update?

Make sure everything is plugged in properly.

Try and boot to the BIOS without a storage media installed, that way it doesn't have to try and boot anything.

After you remove any storage media, you could also remove the CMOS battery as it will reset your BIOS. Try and boot with the CMOS battery uninstalled to fully reset any settings within the BIOS.

EDIT: If you are able to boot to BIOS after removing the storage media, then chances are you have a bad install of windows which can either be repaired or reinstalled. I personally would recommend a reinstall if that is the case.

1 minute ago, KhakiHat said:

Make sure everything is plugged in properly.

Try and boot to the BIOS without a storage media installed, that way it doesn't have to try and boot anything.

After you remove any storage media, you could also remove the CMOS battery as it will reset your BIOS. Try and boot with the CMOS battery uninstalled to fully reset any settings within the BIOS.

I forgot to mention that I did clear the CMOS by jumping it. I will try to boot it without any storage installed. It’s just so weird since it worked and then I had and update and bam it stopped.

1 minute ago, That_PC_Kid said:

I forgot to mention that I did clear the CMOS by jumping it. I will try to boot it without any storage installed. It’s just so weird since it worked and then I had and update and bam it stopped.

I've had windows updates break my installs plenty of times. Nothing you can do to avoid it besides keeping updated backups

@KhakiHat I tried doing it without any drives installed and it still is stuck in boot loop. I noticed that there are red lights on the motherboard that show CPU and DRAM. I assume that’s what’s causing the PC not to post. Most likely the CPU but who knows at this point. Probably just gonna replace the CPU and return the AIO as I have another cooler that I found. If that isn’t it then I’ll try a new PSU. The endless cycle of troubleshooting is annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2022 at 2:15 AM, That_PC_Kid said:

@KhakiHat I tried doing it without any drives installed and it still is stuck in boot loop. I noticed that there are red lights on the motherboard that show CPU and DRAM. I assume that’s what’s causing the PC not to post. Most likely the CPU but who knows at this point. Probably just gonna replace the CPU and return the AIO as I have another cooler that I found. If that isn’t it then I’ll try a new PSU. The endless cycle of troubleshooting is annoying.

A little late, but have you maybe checked your GPU? Maybe it isn't locked in properly or just needs to be wiggled a tad more into place.

Sounds simple but it could do a lot if that's actually the problem.