confused on used MB prices

IchDie

Since I got a new rig this year im looking to sell my old stuff. After looking up my Mainboard I was shocked that the used prices (MSI Z390 Gaming Plus) are all around 200€. When I bought that board with my 9600k a few years ago I payed 120€ I think? Why are the used prices of this Mainboard higher than the original new selling price?

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen R9 7900X  GPU: XFX Speedster Merc 310 7900 XTX Black  Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX x670E-F Gaming WIFI  RAM: G.Skill Z5 Neo CL 36 DDR5 6000  PSU: Corsair RM1000X  Case: Lian Li Lancool 216 CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm ARGB

Used motherboard pricing is always all over the place. There are times when a really high end board used will go for super cheap, and there are times when it will go for a ton of money without any indication of which way it would go. If you look on eBay, that board ranges from anywhere from $50 sold to $150 sold. My guess is this is just a couple of listings that aren't gonna sell at that pricing, and if you look at listings that have sold in the past it will be a bit more in line with what you'd expect. 

10 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Used motherboard pricing is always all over the place. There are times when a really high end board used will go for super cheap, and there are times when it will go for a ton of money without any indication of which way it would go. If you look on eBay, that board ranges from anywhere from $50 sold to $150 sold. My guess is this is just a couple of listings that aren't gonna sell at that pricing, and if you look at listings that have sold in the past it will be a bit more in line with what you'd expect. 

Oh, I didnt know that you could look up what items sold for in the past as I never really use ebay. Still trying to figure out all the prices for my old spec

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen R9 7900X  GPU: XFX Speedster Merc 310 7900 XTX Black  Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX x670E-F Gaming WIFI  RAM: G.Skill Z5 Neo CL 36 DDR5 6000  PSU: Corsair RM1000X  Case: Lian Li Lancool 216 CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm ARGB

Motherboard pricing has frankly just gone to the moon in recent years. 

Generally speaking the latest model motherboards are always rather expensive. 

The recently discontinued motherboards tend to be the cheapest. 

Motherboards discontinued 2+ years to 5 years ago tend to be as expensive as new boards, then beyond 5 years we start seeing a dip again. 

Not exact science of course, depends on platform popularity and a lot of other variables.