laptop wont connect to 5GHz

Hello I have recently gotten a Lenovo Legion 5 and can't get it to connect to my WIFI 5GHz ssid, but it will connect to the one we have set up at work, I have tried to update the nic drivers and restarted the router, my phone and many other devices connect fine.

What is different between your router setup at work and router setup at home ?

What security, mode, channel width is your router running for the 5G setup ?

i dont know what access points my work uses, I am using a calix gigacenter on channel 138 and i assume the standard width of 5GHz

I assume you can see the network and just can't connect? Does it prompt for the password and you enter it and it fails to connect, or will it not even let you do that? It could be that your home network is set to use WPA3 and your laptop only supports WPA2 (if it's new it should support WPA3, but you'd have to check). It could also be interference. Are you sure the work network is 5GHz? Even if it is, if it's dual-band, you may actually be connecting to the 2.4GHz one and not realize it.

so I was actually working at my ISP when I set up that router and they support both 2.4GHz and 5GHz and I am not a fan of band steering so I renamed the SSID of each of the radios to the respective channel, the lap top does support 802.11ac and ax standards, it can see it and throws a can not connect error where as if you mistype the password it throws a incorrect password code and the router is from 2018 iirc and is using wpa2/aes