Samsung Smart TV audio out of sync with video

skiF

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else noticed this issue with their Samsung QN85BD or other smart TV. Just got this TV on Monday, yesterday noticed there was audio desync while watching Netflix, tested few different shows. Seems it's fine in the beginning but the longer you watch the audio goes out of sync. I thought it was the audio amplification settings, so I set everything to that affects audio to off. My internet speed is 500mbps down / 25 mbps up so I think that should be sufficient for 4k resolution. Not sure what it can be, can my TV be defective? 

Does this happen anywhere, or only while using Netflix? How are you listening to the audio? TV Speakers? Optical? eARC? Bluetooth?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

12 minutes ago, skiF said:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else noticed this issue with their Samsung QN85BD or other smart TV. Just got this TV on Monday, yesterday noticed there was audio desync while watching Netflix, tested few different shows. Seems it's fine in the beginning but the longer you watch the audio goes out of sync. I thought it was the audio amplification settings, so I set everything to that affects audio to off. My internet speed is 500mbps down / 25 mbps up so I think that should be sufficient for 4k resolution. Not sure what it can be, can my TV be defective? 

My Samsung 65NU8000 has an option under audio to adjust the delay. If you can't find a source of the problem, perhaps yours has something similar and it will help. 

14 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Does this happen anywhere, or only while using Netflix? How are you listening to the audio? TV Speakers? Optical? eARC? Bluetooth?

Actually, only tested Netflix so far but it's the app I use more often. Just the TV Speakers. Maybe I should I buy external speakers and use that instead as last resort to fix this issue.

Have a new QN90B and have also noticed audio out of sync occassionaly especially on disney+, but not all the time.  Not sure what is happening.

On 12/22/2022 at 11:10 AM, mmk said:

Have a new QN90B and have also noticed audio out of sync occassionaly especially on disney+, but not all the time.  Not sure what is happening.

I'm starting to suspect it's an app issue, I haven't tested Disney+ but I tried to watch that Samsung live tv and didn't notice any desync.