Network issues, one device randomly loses internet

Raz Ghost

I have recently moved house so new ISP and new router/modem combo. I also have my own huawei router that I use as it's more reliable. 

All my devices work as expected, PC, phone, smart appliances, etc with the exception of my tablet. I have a Galaxy Tab S5e and it will connect to both the modem/router combo and my huawei router perfectly fine but it will frequently not connect to the internet. Meanwhile my phone and PC will connect perfectly fine. I have tried switching to the other router's network but have the same issue. If I connect to my phone's hotspot that is also connected to the wifi though it works.

So to put it visually

ISP>>>ISP modem/router>>>Tablet Issues

ISP>>>ISP modem/router>>>Wifi router>>>Tablet Issues

ISP>>>ISP modem/router>>>Phone>>>Tablet Fine

Someone please help because I just really don't understand why the issue persists or what to do

I did some quick searching on that tablet.  Looks like Samsung really messed up as it's a known issue for having wifi problems if you have it in landscape mode as your hand can block the signal.  Doubt that's the issue here as you say it tethers to your phone.

Have you done a soft reset?

Here is a link describing the issue with the S5e

How to fix Galaxy Tab S5e wifi not working | wifi has no internet – The Droid Guy

Desktop: Intel i7-13700K / Asus ROG Strix  z690-e / Nvidia 4080 FE / 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator / 2TB  WD SN850x  / 48" Lg C2 & 27" Asus ProArt

Plex Server: Dell OptiPlex 7010 /  i7-13700 /  32GB DDR5 / 1TB Samsung  990 Pro / Ubuntu

Laptop: M2 Macbook Air / 8G ram / 8core CPU / 10core GPU / 512GB SSD

NAS: Synology 1821+ , 2x Synology RS819 = 200TB 

What is the distance from the tablet to the router, it could just be a bad antenna in the tablet combined with more interference in the new house.

Have you tried restarting it?

Well I reset the router and it worked for a while then the issue came back. It is about 15m, a ceiling and a wall (plasterboard not brick) from the router but putting it next to the router doesn't fix the issue. As well the issue can arise without moving the device so I don't think its signal related.

I saw that link but it was so generic I ignored it, restart tablet, restart router and reset tablet with no real knowledge.