DRAM Q led

N37F

I just built a pc

I5 13600KF

Asus prime z790-a

No gpu

I am waiting for the rx 7900 to drop

When i turn the pc on the yellow light turn on for 5 seconds then off

Then the white light(VGA) turns on which is normal cuz i don't have a gpu nor integrated graphics so i cant boot the computer

All the fans spin and the rgb works

But I just want to know if my ram is fine or not so i can replace it before its too late

1 hour ago, N37F said:

I just built a pc

I5 13600KF

Asus prime z790-a

No gpu

I am waiting for the rx 7900 to drop

When i turn the pc on the yellow light turn on for 5 seconds then off

Then the white light(VGA) turns on which is normal cuz i don't have a gpu nor integrated graphics so i cant boot the computer

All the fans spin and the rgb works

But I just want to know if my ram is fine or not so i can replace it before its too late

7900 afaik has no iGP, so it won’t post without some sort of video card. Doesn’t have to be a good one.  If you don’t have anything just lying around Maybe grab some $20 POS off  eBay or something, then swap it out once you get a card.  You can at least do some setup that way and do a bit of web browsing.  Thing might even be worth keeping just for diagnosis stuff. Basically anything that has a video out you can hook your monitor to is pcie, and that runs at least directx9 should be fine.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.