hardware has lower temps than normal but i am also getting lower fps?

ash294

cpu and gpu are running around 10 -15 Celsius than normal however i am also getting lower fps especially on cpu intensive tasks/video games.

clockspeeds are the same as they always have been so i dont know what the issue is.

my hardware is not just dying is it?

i5 4690k @4.5ghz, rx 570 4gb. 16gb ddr3 1866

• 2 weeks later...

You say clock speeds are the same as always, but how are you measuring this? Because it sounds like maybe it's running slower, hence less heat. Might be "clocked" at 4.5GHz but actually running at lower speeds. CPUs lower their clocks when not under load, and maybe it's getting stuck. Have you rebooted? Are you sure you're getting less FPS, since that can be variable? And on multiple games, or do you just play one or two and have noticed there, in which case, have there been any updates to the game that might have caused that?

Also check your power management settings in Windows. Maybe windows update made some changes and now your hardware is holding back.

uni student // at war with Siemens software // wife haver

5 hours ago, HotdropHeinz said:

Also check your power management settings in Windows. Maybe windows update made some changes and now your hardware is holding back.

Good idea. Or OP might have accidentally switch power profile, though it's a desktop so not as likely.