Install both Samsung Magician and Western Digital Dashboard?

Hi. I currently have Samsung NVME EVO 970 Plus with OS and just installed recently purchased

WD NVME SN570 drive. I did not have Samsung Magician installed as well but I want to for drive's

health monitoring.

On its home page Samsung mentions that software works with drives of other manufacturers

but some features will not be available. On downloads page it mentions that Samsung Magician

does not work with other drives.

I know that there is Western Digital Dashboard Monitor for monitoring WD drives but my Samsung

main drive is more important for monitoring. Should I pass up on monitoring WD drive? Is it a bad idea

to have both monitoring software installed and working in real-time?

Thanks   

26 minutes ago, TechnicGeek said:

Is it a bad idea to have both monitoring software installed and working in real-time?

I'll lean towards yes. The less stuff you have installed and running on your PC, means more resources that can be dedicated to something useful? You can pull smart data at random  points if you are really curious, but honestly, I wouldn't install either software (my opinion).

2 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

You can pull smart data at random  points if you are really curious, but honestly, I wouldn't install either software (my opinion).

It requires ongoing checking on my part but why would I have it on my schedule if it can be set up to automatically monitor for me?

2 minutes ago, TechnicGeek said:

It requires ongoing checking on my part but why would I have it on my schedule if it can be set up to automatically monitor for me?

You may be overthinking it. I threw my Samsung SSD's in my PCs and run them. Unless you have some odd use case, most people aren't going to quickly wear one out. With a quality SSD, most people will build a new PC, before wearing one out. I've got an 850 Evo in a Linux box, still going strong even, that's getting pretty old at this point.

That being said, even if you monitor them, or any drive for that matter (even a traditional HD), they can fail without warning. So backups are always important.

Just what I do personally though.

1 hour ago, OhioYJ said:

That being said, even if you monitor them, or any drive for that matter (even a traditional HD), they can fail without warning. So backups are always important.

Is it only media wearout that S.M.A.R.T. can predict? No components acting unusual? Maybe power delivery issues? Other things that can collectively provide information that you can make informed decision on? I am more concerned about malfunctioning and component failure than media wearout.